Lancaster General Hospital
7572 Convenience Pharmacy
Job Title: Pharmacists-OP
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 0.8, 64 hr/2week working Monday through Friday between 7:00am and 6:00pm with every 5th Saturday no sundays or holidays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists healthcare providers in utilizing drug therapy safely and effectively through medication prescription review and fulfillment, patient monitoring and patient education. Supervises pharmacy interns, students and technicians in their tasks, and verifies all work completed by those personnel. Patient care includes care to patients in all age groups.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Interprets and evaluates all medication prescriptions and assures for safe and effective medication, dose, route and schedule for administration with clarification as deemed necessary.
- Reviews prescriptions and suggests alternate therapies as appropriate. Demonstrates this activity by preparing clinical intervention documentation.
- Prepares and dispenses medications in accordance with professional practice guidelines, state pharmacy laws, and regulatory standards in addition to departmental policies and procedures.
- Advises the provider and patient regarding the contents, therapeutic action, utilization and possible adverse reactions or interactions of medication.
- Performs computer order entry functions as assigned.
- Controls the disposition of narcotics, other controlled substances, and dangerous drugs as required by state and federal regulations.
- Actively participates in medication safety programs. Active participation is defined as identifying opportunities to improve safety (reporting errors and adverse drug events), and implementing system-based changes as a result of those opportunities.
- Serves as a role model of customer service by responding constructively to the needs of hospital staff. Responding constructively is defined as using a respectful communication style that is consistent with professional collaboration.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. Pharmacy or Pharm D required.
- Current Pharmacist licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in the State of Pennsylvania required.
- Immunization certification through an accredited organization (American Pharmacists Association (APhA)).
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Previous retail pharmacy experience preferred.
This position requires a License
This position requires a Credit Check
Posted on 03/24/2020