Perioperative Services Clinical Educator
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
1.0 FTE, flexible shift, hours and occasional weekends to meet the needs of the department served
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides comprehensive educational services, consultation, and continuing education for personnel in intraoperative, intraprocedural, pre/post/PACU areas, and other perioperative roles at Lancaster General Hospital, Women and Babies Hospital, the Suburban Pavilion and other assigned locations. These roles include but are not limited to:
- Perianesthesia: Preoperative, Posteroperative, Post anesthesia care, Preprocedural, Postprocedural
- Intraoperative: Circulator role, Back table scrub role, Assistant scrub role
- Intraprocedural: Circulator role, Scrub role, Record Role
- Pain Management: RN, including sedation management, LPN, CMA, CSS, CM (Perioperative Clinical Educators only)
- Ancillary Staff: Surgical support assistants, Anesthesia technicians, Patient care assistants, Cardiovascular support techs
- Sterile Processing Staff: Transporter, Technician, Resource/Team Lead, Shift Lead, Educator/Tracking System Admin
Hours: Full-time (1.0 FTE). Flexible shift, hours and occasional weekends to meet the needs of the department served.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five (5) years of professional clinical experience in the Perioperative or Perianesthesia Nursing setting or Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist or Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist or X-Ray Technologist setting is required.
- Two (2) years of application toward adult learning in an informal setting.
One of the following (based on assigned department):
- RN licensure, issued by the PA Board of Nursing, with Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree.
- Perioperative Service Positions Only: Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program with a Bachelor of Science in Health Science (BSHS), Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration (BSHA) or higher level healthcare degree
- Master of Science degree in related field.
- Two (2) years of formal classroom teaching.
- Two (2) years developing educational activities.
- CNOR (Certified Nurse Operating Room) or CPAN (Certified Post-Anesthesia Nurse) or CAPA (Certified Perianesthesia Nurse) for RNs OR CST (Certified Surgical Technologist)
- Demonstrates evidence of ongoing continuing education and professional development relative to the perioperative clinical educator role.
- Experiences in multiple functions within an organization.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/06/2021