At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7648 WBH-Maternal Fetal Medicine
Maternal Fetal Med Providers
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Join a group of three experienced MFM Specialists to provide perinatal services for Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine. The Perinatology Program provides patients with high quality diagnosis, treatment and counseling involving high risk pregnancies including genetic counseling. Guide and supervise the nurses and other clinicians who are involved in delivering services to patients of the service line. Participate in perinatology education and teaching programs and assist in the review of the quality, adequacy and appropriateness of services within the department.
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide consultation service to physicians on the Lancaster General Hospital medical staff and resident physicians in the Family Practice Residency program.
- Assist in developing and staffing a perinatology service to include genetic services and counseling, evaluation and treatment of high risk pregnancies.
- Evaluate, recommend, plan and implement the use of new technologies and procedures pertaining to perinatal medicine.
- Assist Division Chief to serve as a strategic partner with the senior administrative team to help facilitate organization development/change, strategic initiatives, human performance, and outcomes as needed.
- Work collaboratively with departments and entities within Lancaster General to assess and address performance problems.
- Advise hospital administration and medical staff on perinatal issues and concerns.
- Provide educational services for the medical staff and hospital.
- Provide direct patient care services.
- Provide outstanding service to all customers; foster teamwork; and practice fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
- Assist administration with managing costs and optimizing revenue for the perinatology service.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- M.D. or D.O.
- License to practice medicine in Pennsylvania.
- Sub-specialty certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine (Board Eligible or Board Certified).
- Required Course(s)/Training: Completion of an Obstetrics & Gynecology residency; Completion of Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship.
- Specialty Certification in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/16/2020