Performance Analytics Advisor
Lancaster General Hospital
2079 Performance Analytics
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time- Day Shift- 8:00am - 5:00pm
POSITION SUMMARY: The Performance Analytics Advisor guides initiatives and supports Team Leads where needed. The incumbent serves as a subject matter expert on clinical/non-clinical best practices, performance improvement methodologies, and project management approach. The advisor will successfully lead teams through the Performance Management life cycle and is capable of managing a portfolio of 10 or more initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Articulates health care challenges, operating models, high-level value chains, volume/price relationships, and ways in which businesses generate revenue and incur costs.
- Educates and coaches junior staff on concepts, changes in the industry and how their work impacts Performance Analytics and LG Health.
- Understands and articulates LG Health’s competitive position, how external factors drive change, and position in the value chain.
- Understands goals, articulates the significance of the problems LG Health is facing, and understands how department will work towards alleviating these issues.
- Able to interpret Team Financials and external benchmarking reports while educating Team Leads on concepts and interpretations of the data. Works to assure that benchmark data is accurate and reflective of the department.
- Guides teams through the Performance Management life cycle by driving to the root cause of problems facing departments and assists in identifying improvement opportunities within these departments. Develops a solution hypothesis for the problem, structures the data analysis, allocates responsibility to the team and pulls subject matter insights from various work threads.
- Understands and articulates the impact of Performance Analytics on the business function, the potential impact on associated functions, and how LG Health makes decisions regarding the engagement.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key executives at assigned business units.
- Reviews and finalizes team' findings and recommendations prior to presentation to steering committee for presentation.
- Works collaboratively with executive leads and team leaders to successfully complete the performance management life cycle and associated deliverables on time and on budget.
- Proactively seeks to develop own skills and team members.
- Builds and maintains an internal network for information support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagement
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
Posted on 01/21/2020
- Master’s degree
- 5+ years of operational and analytical experience, cross functional health care experience