Performance Analytics Advisor
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk); Day Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: The Performance Analytics Advisor works as a valued member of the Operational Excellence team focused on developing insight from data to inform the organization’s greatest opportunities for improvement. This role works collaboratively with both up and down stream stakeholders to understand data and statistics used to determine areas of focus for as well as the sustainability of performance improvement. The Performance Analytics Advisor helps lead efforts for improvement in organizational key performance indicators (KPIs) through effective project management and advises leadership on use of the scientific method to understand and resolve problems that contribute to performance gaps.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Serves as an advisor and expert in data analysis and works collaboratively with all levels of leadership focused on operational excellence.
- Analyze data to determine patterns and develop insight about the greatest opportunities for improvement in organizational key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Create and improve data models to understand opportunities for improvement in organizational key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Understand organizational goals and articulate the significance of challenges the organization faces.
- Develop leaders to improve data literacy and proficiency in both one-on-one and classroom environments.
- Collaborate with partnering departments to use data, tools, and systems for performance improvement.
- Guides teams through the performance improvement process by driving to the root causes of problems.
- Uses project management tools and techniques to effectively manage a portfolio of projects focused on operational excellence.
- Works with assigned teams to review and finalize presentations highlighting team findings, recommendations, and key learnings prior to presentation to steering committees.
- Proactively seeks individual development opportunities and contributes to team development.
- Builds and maintains an internal network for information support.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Office).
- Capability to use Statistical Process Control tools and techniques to understand organizational performance metrics.
- 3-5 years of operational and/or analytics experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing Operational Excellence team member.
- Strong presentation skills, as well as oral and written communication.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) certification.
- Proficiency with Minitab, Tableau, SPSS, or other data analysis programs.
- 5+ years of operational and analytics experience with cross functional health care experience.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/08/2021