Performance Analytics Advisor
Lancaster General Hospital
2079 Performance Analytics
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE); 8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri. No on call or holiday/weekend rotations.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Performance Analytics Advisor guides initiatives and supports Team Leads where needed. The incumbent serves as a subject matter expert on clinical/non-clinical best practices, performance improvement methodologies, and project management approach. The advisor will successfully lead teams through the Performance Management life cycle and is capable of managing a portfolio of 10 or more initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Articulates health care challenges, operating models, high-level value chains, volume/price relationships, and ways in which businesses generate revenue and incur costs.
- Educates and coaches junior staff on concepts, changes in the industry and how their work impacts Performance Analytics and LG Health.
- Understands and articulates LG Health’s competitive position, how external factors drive change, and position in the value chain.
- Understands goals, articulates the significance of the problems LG Health is facing, and understands how department will work towards alleviating these issues.
- Able to interpret Team Financials and external benchmarking reports while educating Team Leads on concepts and interpretations of the data. Works to assure that benchmark data is accurate and reflective of the department.
- Guides teams through the Performance Management life cycle by driving to the root cause of problems facing departments and assists in identifying improvement opportunities within these departments. Develops a solution hypothesis for the problem, structures the data analysis, allocates responsibility to the team and pulls subject matter insights from various work threads.
- Understands and articulates the impact of Performance Analytics on the business function, the potential impact on associated functions, and how LG Health makes decisions regarding the engagement.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key executives at assigned business units.
- Reviews and finalizes team' findings and recommendations prior to presentation to steering committee for presentation.
- Works collaboratively with executive leads and team leaders to successfully complete the performance management life cycle and associated deliverables on time and on budget.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- 5+ years of operational and analytical experience, cross functional health care experience is preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 12/03/2019