Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health - Family Medicine Physician
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is seeking a BC/BE family physician to provide high quality and patient-centered care in the discipline of Family Medicine at one of our various practices located throughout Lancaster County. These practices provide outpatient care to newborns through geriatrics to a culturally-diverse population. Full-time positions are available. Candidates are required to be in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs. Physicians work in a NCQA level 3 Medical Home environment, supported by an advanced, team based care model. This includes regional support from care managers, social workers, clinical counselors, and pharmacists.
- 35 patient care (contact) hours per week
- Rotating Outpatient call
- Integrated after hours support from our regional Urgent Care centers
- Focus on Clinician Wellness
THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM:
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is a healthcare system with a national reputation for excellence. Located 65 miles west of Philadelphia, in Lancaster, Pa., the system provides care to the half million residents of Lancaster County at every stage of life from our Women & Babies Hospital, to our Lancaster General Medical Group practices, to our Trauma Center.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is among an elite group of “Best of the Benchmark Hospitals” for achieving “100 Top Hospitals” honors nine of the last eleven years. The hospital has been recognized as a four time Magnet facility for nursing excellence and has received HealthGrades® Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last four years. Additionally, the network has achieved Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society level 7 EPIC certification.
As an employee of Lancaster General Health, you will receive a complete benefit package that includes paid medical malpractice insurance, medical/dental insurance, 403b with match and 457b tax shelter plans. Each physician receives paid time off plus five days for continuing medical education.
Lancaster County offers the unique blend of access to major East Coast cities while providing a family friendly environment with excellent schools and easy access to the shore and mountain areas. There are five institutions of higher learning in the area to meet the needs of you and your family. The cities of Baltimore, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and New York are just 1 ½ to 2 1/2 hours away.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or Board eligible.
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Successful completion of Family Medicine Residency.
- Prior experience in clinical medicine as a Family Physician.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards.
Please contact Matthew Dietz, Physician Recruiter with Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health at 717-544-7148 or at Matthew.Dietz@pennmedicine.upenn.edu
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 08/05/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.