Patient Care Host-Hostess - Part Time (Day Shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
1020 Food Service - General
Food Service - General
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a part-time Patient Care Hostess within the Food Service Department at our Lancaster General Hospital. The Patient Care Host/Hostess provides personalized meal service to patients. Meal service includes assisting patients with meal selections, serving meals to patients, monitoring patient intakes, clearing and cleaning patient dishware.
Hours will be varied in between the hours of 6:15am - 5:30pm, Monday through Friday, with every other weekend/holiday.
- Successfully completes a two week Patient Care Host/Hostess training program.
- Assures that meal selections meet guidelines for modified diets per diet manual.
- Works directly with patients in selecting meals and communicates those selections to the production staff.
- Monitors and records patient intake and communicates this data to dieticians and/or nursing as needed. This includes the responsibility for completion of calorie counts.
- Calculates, prepares, and serves between meal feedings, nutritional supplements, and tube feedings.
Posted on 10/04/2019
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of experience working directly with customers
- Six (6) months experience working with computers or computerized equipment