Patient Care Host-Hostess - PT - WBH
Lancaster General Hospital
7609 WBH-Food Service-Patient
Women & Babies- Food Service
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Position will work 8 hours/week between the hours of 6:30am-9pm; EOW, EOH
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Food Services, the Patient Care Host/Hostess provides personalized meal service to patients. Meal service includes assisting patients with meal selections, serving meals to patients, preparing food, monitoring patient intakes, clearing and cleaning patient dishware. Duties may include stocking pantries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Successful completion of a Patient Care Host/Hostess training program.
- Assures that meal selections meet guidelines for modified diets per diet manual.
- Works directly with patients in selecting meals and communicates those selections to the production staff.
- Calculates, prepares, and serves between meal feedings and nutritional supplements and tube feedings as ordered.
- Maintains accurate written and oral communication with other patient care team members, and assists them as time allows and the need arises. This includes monitoring and recording patient intake and communicating this data to the dietician and/or nursing staff as needed. May also include responsibility for completion of calorie counts.
- Obtains current diet list of patients from the hospital computer prior to each meal period and maintains accurate patient diet information according to department procedure(s).
- Assists in assembly of meals and serves the meal to the patient.
- Collects dishware following meal service, transports dishware to dish room and assists in clean up.
- Stocks patient and/or provider pantries with supplies according to set standards and ensures proper labeling, dating and rotation of all stock.
- May produce cold foods such as salads and sandwiches as requested and may prepares all foods associated with them.
- Maintains exemplary customer service at all times to create quality outcomes.
- Communicates any problems, concerns, or potential issues to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of experience working directly with customers
- Six (6) months experience working with computers or computerized equipment.
Posted on 01/02/2020
- One (1) year of experience working directly with customers, clients or patients in institutional food service or health care.