Patient Care Host-Hostess - Full Time (Day Shift)
- Full Time - Varied Hours 6:00a-5:45p, EOW, EOH
Facility: Lancaster General Hospital LGHLG,
Department: Food Service - General (1020)
- Full Time - Varied Hours 6:15a-5:30p, EOW, EOH
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
BENEFITS: This position is benefits eligible
- Tuition Reimbursement
For more information please visit: lghealthbenefits.com
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a part-time Patient Care Hostess within the Food Service Department at our Lancaster General Hospital. The Patient Care Host/Hostess provides personalized meal service to patients. Meal service includes assisting patients with meal selections, serving meals to patients, monitoring patient intakes, clearing and cleaning patient dishware. Hours will be varied in between the hours of 6:15am - 5:30pm, Monday through Friday, with every other weekend/holiday.
- Successfully completes a two week Patient Care Host/Hostess training program.
- Assures that meal selections meet guidelines for modified diets per diet manual.
- Works directly with patients in selecting meals and communicates those selections to the production staff.
- Monitors and records patient intake and communicates this data to dieticians and/or nursing as needed. This includes the responsibility for completion of calorie counts.
- Calculates, prepares, and serves between meal feedings, nutritional supplements, and tube feedings.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of experience working directly with customers
- Six (6) months experience working with computers or computerized equipment
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 02/07/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.