Patient Care Host-Hostess (Full-Time 40hrs/week $500 SIGN-ON BONUS!!)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
1020 Food Service - General
Food Service - Patient Care
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Food Services, the Patient Care Host/Hostess provides personalized meal service to patients. Meal service includes assisting patients with meal selections, serving meals to patients, preparing food, monitoring patient intakes, clearing and cleaning patient dishware. Duties may include stocking pantries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Successful completion of a Patient Care Host/Hostess training program.
- Assures that meal selections meet guidelines for modified diets per diet manual.
- Works directly with patients in selecting meals and communicates those selections to the production staff.
- Calculates, prepares, and serves between meal feedings and nutritional supplements and tube feedings as ordered.
- Maintains accurate written and oral communication with other patient care team members, and assists them as time allows and the need arises. This includes monitoring and recording patient intake and communicating this data to the dietician and/or nursing staff as needed. May also include responsibility for completion of calorie counts.
- Obtains current diet list of patients from the hospital computer prior to each meal period and maintains accurate patient diet information according to department procedure(s).
- Assists in assembly of meals and serves the meal to the patient.
- Collects dishware following meal service, transports dishware to dish room and assists in clean up.
- Stocks patient and/or provider pantries with supplies according to set standards and ensures proper labeling, dating and rotation of all stock.
- May produce cold foods such as salads and sandwiches as requested and may prepares all foods associated with them.
- Maintains exemplary customer service at all times to create quality outcomes.
- Communicates any problems, concerns, or potential issues to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of experience working directly with customers
- Six (6) months experience working with computers or computerized equipment.
- One (1) year of experience working directly with customers, clients or patients in institutional food service or health care.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/05/2021