Patient Care Host-Hostess
LOCATION: Lancaster. Lancaster General Hospital
HOURS: Full Time. Every other weekend, every other holiday, 4 days- 10 hour shifts
SIGN ON BONUS: Up to $1000.00 (Eligibility Rules Apply)
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Full-Time ( 40 hours p/ week), available from 6am -6 pm, Monday - Friday, every other weekend/ holiday, 4 x 10 hour shifts.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Food Services, the Patient Care Host/Hostess provides personalized meal service to patients. Meal service includes assisting patients with meal selections, serving meals to patients, preparing food, monitoring patient intakes, clearing and cleaning patient dishware. Duties may include stocking pantries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Successful completion of a Patient Care Host/Hostess training program.
- Assures that meal selections meet guidelines for modified diets per diet manual.
- Works directly with patients in selecting meals and communicates those selections to the production staff.
- Calculates, prepares, and serves between meal feedings and nutritional supplements and tube feedings as ordered.
- Maintains accurate written and oral communication with other patient care team members, and assists them as time allows and the need arises. This includes monitoring and recording patient intake and communicating this data to the dietician and/or nursing staff as needed. May also include responsibility for completion of calorie counts.
- Obtains current diet list of patients from the hospital computer prior to each meal period and maintains accurate patient diet information according to department procedure(s).
- Assists in assembly of meals and serves the meal to the patient.
- Collects dishware following meal service, transports dishware to dish room and assists in clean up.
- Stocks patient and/or provider pantries with supplies according to set standards and ensures proper labeling, dating and rotation of all stock.
- May produce cold foods such as salads and sandwiches as requested and may prepares all foods associated with them.
- Maintains exemplary customer service at all times to create quality outcomes.
- Communicates any problems, concerns, or potential issues to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of experience working directly with customers
- Six (6) months experience working with computers or computerized equipment.
- One (1) year of experience working directly with customers, clients or patients in institutional food service or health care.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Includes some or all of the following: blender, toaster, coffee machine, dish machine, food processor, carts, knives, kitchen utensils, office products, thermometers, microwave, steam table, auto baggers and mobile food warmers.
Software: Microsoft Outlook
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
- Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/08/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.