Patient Care Equipment Service Processor
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: 40 hours p/week, Full-Time, 3pm - 11:30 pm, every other evening/holiday
Sign on Bonus of up to $1000!!! (External candidates only)
Performs related functions toward maintaining a perpetual inventory, including receiving and shipping of products. Maintains, distributes and assists with supplies and patient care equipment as required, fills supply and patient care orders as required. Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of the Lancaster General Health System and provides operational support that includes supply and inventory control, patient care equipment preparation and processing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans and processes soiled equipment from healthcare units and stages for reuse.
- Maintains, delivers, and collects patient care equipment to and from the requesting departments.
- Demonstrates all computer applications accurately; consistently follows tracking system procedures for equipment tracking.
- Replenishes patient care carts upon receipt of delivery to department, maintains ehealth ordering system for patient care supplies, credits and charges are complete and accurate.
- Delivers stock and equipment to departments and replenishes par locations. Keeps par locations clean, systematically organized and within storage standards.
- Delivers inventory, non-inventory, special / urgent need supply orders, carts and equipment to appropriate department. Unloads supplies and equipment in an orderly fashion. Obtains delivery confirmation signatures where applicable.
- Upon notification of product or equipment recalls, investigates all inventory locations for effected items. Removes items, and replaces with unaffected items. Stages effected items for return to vendor.
- Accurately utilizes MMIS, Lawson, ehealth and/or Censitrac applications where appropriate for supply and equipment transactions.
- Removes boxes, packaging materials and other debris from the department and service areas to maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Accurately pulls department order from storeroom or patient care equipment inventory.
- Communicates with customers to assist in resolving departmental supply and equipment issues and concerns.
- Assess stock expiration dates and pulls product from inventory as appropriate. Rotates stock in assigned locations.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Reports discrepancies, problems and concerns to management using proper chain of command.
- Disembarks and receives incoming freight, verifies product received. Accurately warehouses in-coming stock and equipment in assigned location. Accurately documents receiving information in Materials Management Information System (MMIS).
- Inventories departmental stock and equipment locations utilizing hand held device or other tools, determines quantity to be replenished, generates a pick ticket and allocates in MMIS.
- Identifies trend in supply and equipment usage for departments and collaborates with department resource team leader to ensure PAR levels are appropriate for assigned locations.
- Performs cycle counting and other inventory control processes as assigned.
- Places repair items in appropriate area and ensures loaner items are available as required.
- Prepares shipping labels, packs and ships outbound materials.
- Assigns and affixes asset tags when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or general equivalency (GED)
- One (1) year experience in product inventory, supply or equipment handling
- One (1) year experience in customer service or support
- Basic computer skills
- Three (3) years’ experience in a storeroom or warehouse environment
- Three (3) years’ experience in medical supply or patient care equipment service
- Knowledge of medical terms and experience within a healthcare setting
- Advanced computer skills
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, manual and/or electric pallet jack, hand truck, carts, handheld ordering device, cart washer, computer tracking system, hammer, screwdriver, pliers, utility knife
Software: Microsoft Office Products, Lawson Materials System, Censitrac, equipment tracking system, Hospital Information Systems, ehealth.
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/21/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.