Patient Care Equipment Processor: Main Hospital (Full Time/Evening Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Evening shift position FTE 1.0 - work hours 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. - every other weekend & holiday.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
This position will work 40 hours/week, 3:00pm - 1130pm; EOW/EOH. Primary work location is Lancaster General Hospital.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Performs related functions toward maintaining a perpetual inventory, including receiving and shipping of products. Maintains, distributes and assists with supplies and patient care equipment as required, fills supply and patient care orders as required. Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of the Lancaster General Health and provides operational support that includes supply and inventory control, patient care equipment preparation and processing.
The hours for this position are 3pm-11:30 pm and every other weekend and holiday. This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital, but will also include Women and Babies Hospital and Suburban Outpatient Pavilion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans and processes soiled equipment from healthcare units and stages for reuse.
- Maintains, delivers, and collects patient care equipment to and from the requesting departments.
- Demonstrates all computer applications accurately; consistently follows tracking system procedures for equipment tracking.
- Replenishes patient care carts upon receipt of delivery to department, maintains eHealth ordering system for patient care supplies, credits and charges are complete and accurate.
- Delivers stock and equipment to departments and replenishes par locations. Keeps par locations clean, systematically organized and within storage standards.
- Delivers inventory, non-inventory, special / urgent need supply orders, carts and equipment to appropriate department.
- Unloads supplies and equipment in an orderly fashion. Obtains delivery confirmation signatures where applicable.
- Upon notification of product or equipment recalls, investigates all inventory locations for effected items. Removes items, and replaces with unaffected items. Stages effected items for return to vendor.
- Accurately utilizes MMIS, Lawson, eHealth and/or Censitrac applications where appropriate for supply and equipment
- Removes boxes, packaging materials and other debris from the department and service areas to maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Accurately pulls department order from storeroom or patient care equipment inventory.
- Communicates with customers to assist in resolving departmental supply and equipment issues and concerns.
- Assess stock expiration dates and pulls product from inventory as appropriate. Rotates stock in assigned locations.
- High School Diploma or general equivalency (GED).
- One (1) year experience in a storeroom or warehouse environment.
- One (1) year experience in patient care equipment service.
- Basic computer skills.
- Three (3) years experience in a storeroom or warehouse environment preferred
- Three (3) years experience in patient care equipment service preferred
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/11/2022