Patient Care Equiment Service Processor (Full-Time 3:00pm-11:30pm)
Lancaster General Hospital
4540 Patient Care Equipment Services
Storeroom LGH & PCES
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Position will work 40 hours per week; evening shift 3 pm - 11:30 pm; every other weekend/holiday.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Performs related functions toward maintaining a perpetual inventory, including receiving and shipping of products. Maintains, distributes and assists with supplies and patient care equipment as required, fills supply and patient care orders as required. Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of the Lancaster General Health System and provides operational support that includes supply and inventory control, patient care equipment preparation and processing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans and processes soiled equipment from healthcare units and stages for reuse.
- Maintains, delivers, and collects patient care equipment to and from the requesting departments.
- Demonstrates all computer applications accurately; consistently follows tracking system procedures for equipment tracking.
- Replenishes patient care carts upon receipt of delivery to department, maintains ehealth ordering system for patient care supplies, credits and charges are complete and accurate.
- Delivers stock and equipment to departments and replenishes par locations. Keeps par locations clean, systematically organized and within storage standards.
- Delivers inventory, non-inventory, special / urgent need supply orders, carts and equipment to appropriate department. Unloads supplies and equipment in an orderly fashion. Obtains delivery confirmation signatures where applicable.
- Upon notification of product or equipment recalls, investigates all inventory locations for effected items. Removes items, and replaces with unaffected items. Stages effected items for return to vendor.
- Accurately utilizes MMIS, Lawson, ehealth and/or Censitrac applications where appropriate for supply and equipment transactions.
- Removes boxes, packaging materials and other debris from the department and service areas to maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Accurately pulls department order from storeroom or patient care equipment inventory.
- Communicates with customers to assist in resolving departmental supply and equipment issues and concerns.
- Assess stock expiration dates and pulls product from inventory as appropriate. Rotates stock in assigned locations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or general equivalency (GED)
- One (1) year experience in product inventory, supply or equipment handling
- One (1) year experience in customer service or support
- Basic computer skills
Posted on 06/22/2020
- Three (3) years’ experience in a storeroom or warehouse environment
- Three (3) years’ experience in medical supply or patient care equipment service
- Knowledge of medical terms and experience within a healthcare setting
- Advanced computer skills