Patient Care Assistant- Nights
Nursing Administration - Medical
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Full and Part time positions available with a mix of both 8 and 12 hour shifts
Will work between the hours of 6:30 pm-6:30 am and have a weekend/holiday rotation
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
All Patient Care Assistants are required to complete mandatory training prior to entering the role. This paid mandatory training will be for 8 days Monday-Friday from 6:30 am- 4 pm. Classes will be held starting on April 6th, May 4th, and June 15th
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
All Patient Care Assistants are required to complete mandatory training prior to entering the role. This paid mandatory training will be for 8 days Monday-Friday from 6:30 am- 4 pm. Classes will be held starting on April 6th, May 4th, June 15th, July 13th and August 10th
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists with the delivery of direct, non-licensed patient care in accordance with established methods and procedures, under the supervision and guidance of appropriate personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
Environment Management –
- Completes cleaning tasks utilizing OSHA standards. Performs maintenance and/or inventory of equipment according to unit/department standards.
- Practices standard precautions while handling contaminated items.
- Maintains unit order and efficiency.
- Maintains appearance of patient care areas and public areas.
- Maintains safe work environment.
Supply Management/Clerical –
- Orders and stocks supplies to meet the needs of the unit/department.
- Demonstrates an awareness of cost containment practices.
- Distributes supplies to appropriate areas according to unit/department standards.
- Demonstrates computer skills necessary to perform unit/department specific responsibilities.
- Depending on location may need to schedule patients and handle phone calls.
Patient Care/Safety –
- Documents accurately and timely, according to unit/department standards.
- Reports promptly unusual situations, reactions, effects or conditions related to patient care to the responsible person(s).
- Assist patients with personal hygiene needs and/or provide activities of daily living, comfort measures including changing linen, providing safe environment for mobility and ambulation, and maintaining a clean and orderly patient environment.
- Safely assist in mobilizing, turning, and positioning of patients; including use of various assistive devices and mechanical lifts.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills when dealing with patients, family members and staff.
- Functions as a patient advocate by resolving patient/family concerns through appropriate actions.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge procedures.
- Answer patient call lights independently, promptly, and to the patient’s satisfaction; referring patient concerns to the RN or Nurse Manager.
- Provide close observation and care safely for patients who require 1:1 observation.
- Demonstrate proper responses to emergency situations.
Code of Conduct/Professionalism –
- Identifies learning needs and seeks available resources and opportunities.
- Completes assignments within designated shift.
- Responds promptly to requests for assistance.
- Respects patient rights and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and appropriately (verbal/written communications).
- Assumes personal responsibility for attendance to maintain unit/department function.
- Demonstrates concern and respect for others thoughts and feelings and handles conflicts in a positive manner.
- Able to prioritize continually
Clinical Skills –
- Maintains clinical skills necessary to perform duty/job.
- Demonstrates competency with procedures based on unit population and/or age-specific needs.
- Obtains and accurately documents all required patient information; reporting changes and abnormal findings to the RN in a timely fashion.
- Perform unit-specific lab tests as dictated by the Point of Care Testing lab standards (Glucose, stool, and emesis) record results, and report findings to the RN. Perform quality control measures on unit assigned tests and equipment.
- Properly label specimen(s) and form(s) for lab test completion.
- Participates in achieving institution wide and unit based quality outcomes.
- Performs duty/job with appropriate level of independence.
- Performs duty/job with accuracy and efficiency.
- Accepts accountability, as an individual and as a team member for all services provided.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of the educational requirements (additional formal education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency; high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation and training).
- CPR Certification required.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely
Posted on 02/24/2020