Palliative Care Specialist
1.0 FTE M-F dayshift with on call by phone after hours
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is seeking a palliative medicine physician to join a growing program throughout the health system. There is an opportunity to work in varied clinical settings (inpatient and/or outpatient) that may be tailored to the candidate’s interests. The physician will join an already established interdisciplinary team comprised of physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, social workers, and chaplains.
The qualified candidate will possess broad clinical knowledge and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Clinical responsibilities include expert management of physical and emotional symptoms related to serious illness or disease-directed treatment, facilitation of advance care planning discussions, transition planning, and close collaboration with each patient’s primary team. There is tremendous support from hospital leadership to expand access to high-quality primary and specialty-level palliative care across care settings through scalable models of care delivery. The candidate will directly report to the Medical Director of Palliative Care, and will have the opportunity to participate in palliative care education and quality improvement initiatives throughout the health system.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Medicine (Allopathic/Osteopathic)
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Completion of an accredited Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
- Completion of an accredited Possess or able to obtain an unrestricted PA Medical License
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- 2-3 years of experience as a Hospice and Palliative physician desirable
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/06/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.