Lancaster General Hospital
1590 Property Management
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide customer service to patients and employees in maintaining the facility through maintenance painting, repairs, and projects. Performs necessary surface preparation and supplies appropriate coatings to buildings, grounds, and equipment surfaces to enhance appearance and provide protection from the elements of wear and tear.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Repairs plaster walls, installs wire lath, brown and white coat repairs. Applies proper sealers, primers, and paints.
- Repairs drywall surfaces using proper materials (drywall, joint compound, and skim plaster methods) and applies sealers and paints.
- Prepares new drywall, plaster, and block surfaces using filling and taping methods and applies sealers, primers, and paints.
- Refinishes wooden furniture, fabricated units, and doors through mechanical or liquid sanding methods and applies stains and specified sealants.
- Performs cinder block repairs and applies fillers to surfaces.
- Patches damaged wall coverings using proper adhesives.
- Matches colors and mixes paints to match existing colors.
- Performs demolition work in conjunction with renovation and repair work.
- Performs routine maintenance and preventive maintenance tasks, such as filter replacement, measurement, cleaning equipment, lighting replacement, smoke/fire wall verification, as assigned and trained.
- Performs functions such as housekeeping functions in regards to maintaining the cleanliness of Mechanical rooms and performs rounding and documenting findings.
- Provide assistance to Mechanics and other related trades necessary to accommodate the mission of the Plant Engineering Department.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Installs cove base in patient and hospital areas.
- Cleans ceiling grids and installs ceiling tile.
- Repairs expansion joints using proper fill materials and caulks.
- Repairs glazing on windows.
- Participates in departmental in-service programs to improve working knowledge of equipment and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Three (3) years of experience painting (including patching and painting different surfaces, mixing and matching paints).
- Three (3) years of experience in drywall and plaster preparation and repair.
- Three (3) years of experience painting which provided knowledge of using appropriate paint for durability.
- Three (3) years of experience in maintenance painting (working with people, safety, etc.)
- Two (2) years of experience in wall covering repair and installation.
- Two (2) years of experience in furniture refinishing.
- One (1) year experience in drywall installation.
- One (1) year experience in covebase installation.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to a specific stimulus without being distracted by extraneous environmental stimuli. The individual must be able to attend to environmental detail with the ability to separate essential from non-essential or irrelevant stimuli. The attention skills required are generally considered to be automatic - - passive, but focused with an intact capacity for select perception.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- Job demands are only moderately routine and predictable. Minor changes may occur which require the individual to be able to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position requires the ability to evaluate existing options to resolve a presenting problem. The resolutions or options are clearly defined, limited in number and are altered infrequently. Selection of the most appropriate solution is based on well-established and defined guidelines.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, Sander, drill, screwdriver, grinder, mixer, trowel, scraper, shovel, paint brush, ice scraper, putty knife, paint roller, aviation snips, hammer, chisel, Paint mixer, spray painter, power washer, tint machine, telephone, scaffolding, ladder, ladder jack, flat truck.
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Rarely
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Occasionally
- Pull: Occasionally
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Frequently
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Extreme Noise Levels
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 10/25/2019