Pacemaker Technician:The Heart Group(FT/Days)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 to 5:00pm, no weekends, evenings or holidays. Work from home possibilities after training period completed. In office hours required on rotating schedule. Coverage of LGH pacemaker department possible.
Job Title: Pacemaker Technician
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-timie, 0.9, 72 hours per two weeks working Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm with no weekends, evenings or holidays. Work form home possible after training period complete. In office hour required on a regular rotation schedule. Will cover Lancaster General Hospital Pacepaker department if possible. Located at The Heart Group office in Lancaster, Pa.
POSITION SUMMARY: The pacemaker technologist works collaboratively with the physicians and nurse practitioners to diagnose pacemaker and defibrillator (ICD) function and aid in the technical management of these devices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Perform complete diagnostic pacemaker and ICD parameter testing which would include, but is not limited to, reprogramming device parameters as indicated by the physiologic status of the patient, patient progress and needs, device system history and analysis, and physician’s orders.
- Retrieve, analyze and report on device data posted to the device company websites for remote home monitoring testing.
- Assess the patient’s condition in relation to the pacemaker or ICD therapy programmed.
- Collect and analyze all available data from the pacemaker and ICD in regards to function and stored events/episodes since last device evaluation. Review data as needed with Device Company Technical Services and/or physicians.
- Provide information, follow-up reports and support services to physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Maintain accurate patient and device information in the patient’s medical and electronic health records.
- Provide educational and emotional support to patients and their families after device implant.
- Detect, identify and verify battery depletion or component malfunction in pacemaker or ICD’s, and recommend the appropriate monitoring or corrective action needed.
- Complete Cath Lab Intervention Forms with accurate information about present and past pacemaker or ICD systems for upcoming device system interventions.
- Participate in clinical research trials for implanted devices, not limited to pacemaker or ICD implants.
- Analyze Loop Recording Monitors (ILR’s) and pacemaker and ICD device function on holter monitor recordings.
- Stand in for Stress testing and make appropriate programming changes to meet end point objectives.
- Participate with Echo Department to perform AV Echo Optimization of device parameters and make appropriate programming changes to meet end point objectives.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
- Completion of an established school of cardiovascular technology program and/ or High School diploma or equivalent (GED) and one year related experience and/or training required.
- CPR certified required.
- International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) “Examination of Special Competency in Cardiac Pacing for Allied Health Professionals” is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
This position requires a professional certification
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/13/2021