PC Technician I - Traveling Tech
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) 8-:4:30 time frame, primarily a road tech. Rotation of on-call, weekends and holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide personal computer and printer support to satellite entities to include developing specifications according to user needs, installation of hardware and software, and maintenance of hardware and software. Inventories and performs preventative maintenance on all personal computer hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without
reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Primarily traveling tech between 20+ locations across Lancaster, Lebanon, Chester and York counties
- Used to flex up staffing at Lancaster General’s Support Desk.
- Offers Tier 1 and Tier 2 level customer support.
- Works off a ticket queue to assist customer in finding root cause – sometimes interfacing directly with the customer and technical teams.
- Performs hardware support for users, including developing specifications to user’s requirements and organizational standards and installation to the network for approved hardware products.
- Performs technical diagnostics for approved hardware products to determine means of repair.
- Performs software support for users.
- Performs preventive maintenance on a regular schedule to assure all devices are functional and performing to specifications.
- Performs problem determination for approved software products to determine the means of intervention.
- Train users on proper operating procedures.
- Recognize trends and escalate them to leadership.
- Provides high quality customer service through courteous, prompt and accurate communication.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary
duties listed above:
- Stays current with supporting documentation by regularly reviewing knowledge base and supporting documentation.
- Provides input and feedback on technical documentation for knowledge base and supporting documentation.
- Works on projects and other duties as assigned by the Customer Service Desk Manager/Supervisor.
- Keeps current on all technologies within the supported environment.
- Participates in other IT service groups and committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Certification as an A+ PC specialist - or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years of client/server experience.
- Experience in customer service related position.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Associate degree in computer science or electronics and certification as a Microsoft Engineer
- Three (3) to five (5) years of personal computer hardware/software experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of electronic diagnostic/experience with PC equipment repair
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/30/2021