PC Technician I (Full Time/ Day)
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA and remote options
HOURS: Full Time, 40 hours a week or 1.0 FTE. Weekend, On-call rotation.
Provide personal computer and printer support to all entities to include developing specifications according to user needs, installation of hardware and software, and maintenance of hardware and software. Inventories and performs preventative maintenance on all personal computer hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without
reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Used to flex up staffing at Lancaster General’s Support Desk.
- Offers Tier 1 and Tier 2 level customer support.
- Works off a ticket queue to assist customer in finding root cause – sometimes interfacing directly with the customer and technical teams.
- Performs hardware support for users, including developing specifications to user’s requirements and organizational standards and installation to the network for approved hardware products.
- Performs technical diagnostics for approved hardware products to determine means of repair.
- Performs software support for users.
- Performs preventive maintenance on a regular schedule to assure all devices are functional and performing to specifications.
- Performs problem determination for approved software products to determine the means of intervention.
- Train users on proper operating procedures.
- Recognize trends and escalate them to leadership.
- Provides high quality customer service through courteous, prompt and accurate communication.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary
duties listed above:
- Stays current with supporting documentation by regularly reviewing knowledge base and supporting documentation.
- Provides input and feedback on technical documentation for knowledge base and supporting documentation.
- Works on projects and other duties as assigned by the Customer Service Desk Manager/Supervisor.
- Keeps current on all technologies within the supported environment.
- Participates in other IT service groups and committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Certification as an A+ PC specialist - or equivalent experience.
- Experience in customer service related position.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Associate degree in computer science or electronics and certification as a Microsoft Engineer
- Three (3) to five (5) years of personal computer hardware/software experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of electronic diagnostic/experience with PC equipment repair
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 12/30/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.