PBS Provider Coordinator
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61020 PBS-Account Resolution
Professional Billing Services- Billing & Insurance Follow-Up
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting Professional Billing Services by coordinating provider onboarding and serving as a liaison between practices and revenue cycle.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinates and supports tasks associated with provider onboarding for LGHP providers including, but not limited to collaborative agreements.
- Ensures all activities related to provider onboarding functions meet department requirements, maximizes revenue collection and achieves leading practice levels of performance.
- Evaluates processes and procedures and makes practical suggestions/recommendations for improvement or compliance.
- Maintains an advanced knowledge and understanding of all aspects of provider onboarding.
- Keeps supervisor/manager informed of any problems or issues.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of provider onboarding or professional billing/business office experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Clerical support including data entry, filing, copying, scanning, faxing, etc.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Two (2) years of experience in provider onboarding.
- A high level of inter-personal communication skills.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products, ECHO, EPIC
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%)
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 08/12/2019