PACS Administrator (Full Time/Day Shift)
The PACS Administrator will be responsible for LG Health’s Picture Archive Communications System to ensure that the information needs of the Imaging Department are being met successfully, in a timely manner, and within budget. Responsibilities also include supervision of the PACS System Administrators, planning and coordinating department activities, monitoring and reporting department operational status, and conducting staff and project meetings as appropriate.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full time (40 Hours per Week), Shift (8am – 4:30pm), and on-call/rotation coverage requirements and occasional weekend/off hours work for application upgrades or issue resolution.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Assists in evaluating and prioritizing the deployment of technology for PACS radiology imaging and information initiatives.
- Monitors and oversees major implementation projects, hours and budget for current and planned upgrades for PACS.
- Manages and oversees the day-to-day performance of PACS systems as they support department operations. Develops and implements tools to monitor system performance, and develops metrics.
- Directs the activities of the PACS Systems Administrators.
- Develops and implements training for all users, including the radiologists.
- Provides regular status report updates to management on PACS operations as requested.
- Works closely with LGH IS staff to keep projects and issues on track.
- Works in conjunction with Systems Administrators to keep current IT upgrades on schedule and develops solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Facilitates communication with Vendors as appropriate for current and planned IT projects.
- Ensures that the right timing, resources and sequences of work efforts are applied to meet department deadlines.
- Assists in the development of the budget for PACS projects and services, and monitors ROI as necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Services or related field OR
- Five (5) or more years experience managing/supporting PACS systems and other radiology specific applications
- Two (2) years experience in health care operations.
- Knowledge of DICOM and HL7 Protocols, Radiology Systems.
- RT certification and experience with McKesson PACs.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/25/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.