Lancaster General Hospital
3005 Intercompany - Community Care Collaborative to Lancaster General Hospital
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs telephonic, written, and electronic patient outreach. Maintains accurate patient electronic health records by acquiring documentation from external organizations for our Accountable Care Organization (ACO).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Outreaches to patients to address gaps in care in an attempt to help patients reconcile any remaining health care screenings or surveillances.
- Outreaches to new ACO patients to establish long term primary care relationships.
- Outreaches to patients who have not been seen within the prior 18 months at their primary care office and schedules patients accordingly to maintain their Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physician (LGHP) relationship.
- Assists practices by utilizing Epic dashboards to remain up to date on all standard outreaches at a site level.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all outreach encounters or attempts.
- Utilizes data from payers and other external organization to improve and perform patient centered outreach.
- Identifies trends in outreach efforts to assist the ACO coordinate effective patient centered outreach.
- Acquires documentation, from external sources, to ensure an accurate electronic medical record.
- Collaborates with the ACO team to develop new and effective patient centered outreach methods.
- Communicates in a positive, customer service manner with all customers or when using department tools (i.e., telephone, fax, email, voice mail, etc.).
- Exhibits teamwork and excellent customer service skills without exception, at all time for both internal and external customers.
- Works collaboratively with staff, other physician offices, and outside agencies, to resolve patient questions and complaints regarding care coordination issues.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Comply with OSHA and other mandated safety procedures or regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year of computer experience
- One (1) year clerical or clinical experience in a medical practice setting
- One (1) year of using medical terminology
- One (1) year of patient outreach experience via telephone, electronic, or written communication
- One (1) year of Microsoft Office experience including basic Excel navigation
- One (1) year as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- One (1) year experience utilizing Epic as an electronic medical record.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position requires the ability to evaluate existing options to resolve a presenting problem. The resolutions or options are clearly defined, limited in number and are altered infrequently. Selection of the most appropriate solution is based on well-established and defined guidelines.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, Analyzation equipment
Software: Microsoft Office Products, Epic/Epicar
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Occasionally
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 12/12/2019