Outreach Athletic Trainer
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61479 LGHP Sports Med At Kissel Hill
Sports Medicine Clinical
Job Title: Athletic Trainer
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0; 80 hours per two weeks This position is located at local schools. Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours/two weeks varied hours between 8:00 am-8:00 pm occasional weekend rotation and rare holidays. Will cover local school and organization teams. Hours vary per season. For this position seasoned professional with experience in a large school setting.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Penn Medicine/LG Health Physicians Sports Medicine is currently seeking an Athletic Trainer for our Sports Medicine Practice located at Kissel Hill Outpatient Facility . The Athletic Trainer is the primary liaison between the customer, physicians, and support staff of the medical practice and to contracted schools, rec centers/sports clubs, and to external sporting events. The Athletic trainer will follow the patient from time of arrival to their time of departure and will ensure all customer and physician needs are met to provide the best customer and physician experience as possible
- Evaluates the customer with objective measures and develops treatment goals off of the evaluation. Will work closely with physical therapists to ensure the best treatment plan is developed and performed.
- Maintains documentation in patient records. Monitors and evaluates response to intervention, modifies treatment in agreement with the physician. Follows billing and reimbursement procedures according to departmental and regulatory guidelines.
- Assists in screenings, presentations and in-services for area coaches, athletes and parents.
- Assists in the coverage of local races, sports physicals and sporting events and at other marketing events for the program to help expand the programs brand.
- Will work to expand the programs market share along with the Sports Medicine Physicians and Manager, Ambulatory Operations. Will help to identify, build relationships with, and ultimately help to secure additional secondary school, college, and youth program contracts.
- MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Athletic Training from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Current certification as an Athletic Trainer, issued by the National Board of Certification (BOC)
- PA licensed or eligible as Athletic Trainer
- CPR Healthcare/BLS Certification
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with peers and leaders within the community, schools and athletic club
- One (1) year’s experience in a traditional setting
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• Previous athletic training experience at the traditional or clinical setting.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
This position requires a valid PA Driver's License and Motor Vehicle Report
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/21/2020