Outreach Athletic Trainer
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
POSITION SUMMARY: Is the primary liaison between the customer, physicians, and support staff of the medical practice and to contracted schools, rec centers/sports clubs, and to external sporting events. The Athletic trainer will follow the patient from time of arrival to their time of departure and will ensure all customer and physician needs are met to provide the best customer and physician experience as possible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Ensures that athletic training services are provided in an accessible, cost-effective, high quality manner while in compliance with established policies and protocols.
- Evaluates the customer with objective measures and develops treatment goals off of the evaluation. Will work closely with physical therapists to ensure the best treatment plan is developed and performed.
- Maintains documentation in patient records. Monitors and evaluates response to intervention, modifies treatment in agreement with the physician. Follows billing and reimbursement procedures according to departmental and regulatory guidelines.
- Liaison between customers, support staff, and physicians
- Assists in screenings, presentations and in-services for area coaches, athletes and parents.
- Assists in the coverage of local races, sports physicals and sporting events and at other marketing events for the program to help expand the programs brand.
- Will work to expand the programs market share along with the Sports Medicine Physicians and Manager, Ambulatory Operations. Will help to identify, build relationships with, and ultimately help to secure additional secondary school, college, and youth program contracts.
- Is responsible with aiding physicians in procedures, as needed
- Responsible for reviewing medical records prior to appointments to ensure all needed information is available for physician review and if not, works to secure information prior to patient visit.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring of work schedule.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- May provide input to Athletic Directors on budget as it relates to equipment and supply costs needed to maintain safety and high quality care
- Assists in the scheduling of pre-participation school based physicals. The athletic trainer will be present at these events to help build relationships and name recognition amongst athletes and parents
- Responsible for wound care and wound dressing
- Responsible for drawing up medications and/or injectables per physician protocol
- Assists with general housekeeping to provide clean, comfortable, orderly and safe environment
- Reviews quality and appropriateness of services delivered for effectiveness and efficiency using predetermined quality assurance criteria
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Athletic Training or Physical Therapy
- Current certification as an Athletic Trainer, issued by the National Board of Certification (BOC)
- CPR Healthcare/BLS certification
- Valid Current Driver’s License
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with peers and leaders within the community, schools and athletic clubs
- PA Licensed or eligible as Athletic Trainer
- One (1) year's experience in traditional setting.
- Clinical experience in outpatient office.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/25/2021