Operator- LGH- 24 hrs per week
Lancaster General Hospital
3043 Customer Relations Contact Center
Customer Relations Contact Center
This position is part-time, 24 hours/week on 2nd shift (3pm-11pm).
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Switchboard Operator runs the telephone system console to facilitate communication. Promotes a positive image of Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health and provides quality service to all customers. Responds to all emergency calls expeditiously and in a calm and courteous manner. Provides requested information to callers. Monitors and reports all alarms and communicates operational issues to appropriate departments and personnel in a timely, professional and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Responds to and appropriately routes all incoming calls, per switchboard departmental guidelines.
- Activates proper procedure for all alarms, codes, conditions and emergencies, and notifies appropriate personnel per departmental guidelines.
- Deciphers requests and provides requested information to all internal/external callers, collecting appropriate information and asking appropriate questions to correctly respond to the inquiry, or connect to the designated person to further handle the need.
- Pages on-call personnel and physicians as requested. Distributes new departmental pagers.
- Compiles LGH departmental on-call schedules and disseminates the 24-hour coverage to appropriate areas.
- Interviews customer to collect and document accurate and comprehensive information required for answering service calls and requests per departmental procedures. Opens an EPIC telephone encounter as needed.
- Establishes and maintains proficiency in EPIC for the purposes of opening encounters, patient look up, non-clinical chart review and appointment cancelations and rescheduling.
- Maintains and updates directory listings, including phone, fax, pager numbers and any other pertinent information in the online directory.
- Assists physicians and hospital personnel in placing of long-distance calls.
- Adapts to learning new skills in an ever-changing environment, including but not limited to procedural, staffing, and/or technology changes.
- Handles all pertinent medical practice answering service duties, including making sure providers are contacted in appropriate timeframes, for appropriate reasons and as set by guidelines.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous customer service experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years computer experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Posted on 05/28/2020
- One (1) year of switchboard experience.
- Customer service experience in a healthcare environment.