Oncology Clinic Manager
Lancaster General Hospital
9047 ABBCI Cancer Clinic
ABBCI Cancer Clinic- Administration
This position is located at the Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute in Lancaster, PA.
HOURS: Full-time, hours primarily 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, organizes and supervises all clinical staff functions on a daily basis to ensure quality patient care is provided. Ensures continuity of care and promotes team building among an interdisciplinary staff. Patient care may include patients in the following age groups: pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Directs daily patient care operations while supervising and coordinating the daily functions of staff, providing guidance and assistance as necessary.
- Completes and maintains schedule for clinical staff ensuring adequate coverage is available at all times while effectively managing overtime. Develops and implements a staffing plan attentive to the changing patient needs.
- Develops and implements goals for a one (1) to two (2) year period consistent with those of the Department and organization.
- Provides orientation, education and training for new employees. Provides and implements on-going continuing education and training for existing staff as needed and is responsible for ensuring all staff complete annual competencies within the designated timeframe. Promotes growth and development of staff.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a positive influence at all times in the handling of patient and employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values, mission and vision with clarity and completeness.
- Oversees care coordination activities performed by the clinical staff in the team based care model. Assists in implementing, monitoring and actively participating in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Assists in the preparation of unit revenue and expense budgets and provides input to any observed variances.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) with current licensure as a Registered Nurse or Bachelor's Degree in a health related field.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Prior supervisory and leadership experience is preferred.
- ACLS Certification is preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 06/27/2019