Office Support Associate II
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Penn Medicine Home Health
2015 Administration/Shared Services
Home Health Administration
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides secretarial and clerical support to the clinical teams. Includes communication with internal and external customers, word processing, data entry, clinical record filing, sorting and tracking, as well as information management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides office support including, but not limited to, data entry, filing, faxing, printing, report processing and phone coverage, as assigned.
- Responds to incoming calls from patients, caregivers, and staff and facilitates actions to coordinate patient care. Seeks direction from Clinical Manager/Director appropriately. Documents calls promptly in accordance with agency requirements. Consistently demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Responsible for physician order processing, including but not limited to, printing, faxing/mailing, and maintaining a tracking system with timely follow-up per VNA protocol to assure regulatory compliance.
- Responsible to review and follow-up on assigned weekly reports to assure documents and processes are completed as needed. Makes corrections as assigned or provides feedback to staff/supervisors regarding corrections to be made and/or trends noted to facilitate performance improvement.
- Responsible for order placement and inventory, including but not limited to medical, office, and form supplies. Reviews supply reports and alerts director to trends/issues for resolution. Distributes requested supplies to staff. Notifies medical supply vendor of new/termed staff or address/delivery changes.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of the Face to Face form as necessary.
- Makes correction per pre-billing reports and interface issue reports.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- Job demands are only moderately routine and predictable. Minor changes may occur which require the individual to be able to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The requirement for autonomous problem solving or creativity of thought in the position is absent or minimal. The individual must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Most aspects of the position, and the actions taken to resolve them, are repetitive in nature, and should ultimately become rote or automatic. There is little variability in task demands, or task demands are accomplished under continuous direction from another.
TEMPERAMENTS: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Working within tolerances, set limits or standards: Ability to adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards; to be precise, thorough, exacting, or meticulous in regard to material worked; or in activities such as numerical determinations, record preparation, or inspecting.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Language: Reading, Writing & Speaking:
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instructions, and encyclopedias.
- Ability to prepare memoranda, reports and essays, using proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis; correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent) and variation in word order; using present, perfect, and future tenses.
Mathematics: The following levels of ability are necessary to understand mathematical concepts and apply them to problem-solving situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- Ability to multiply and divide.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS: MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, SOFTWARE: To perform the essential duties of the position, use of the following machines, equipment, tools, and software is customarily required:
Machinery/Equipment: Computer, phone, copier, printer, fax
Tools: Office supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Degree of physical exertion is light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
BODY POSITION AND MOVEMENT: The following positions or movements are typical of the job:
- SITTING is done frequently.
- WALKING is done frequently.
- STANDING is done frequently.
- CLIMBING is done seldom.
- REACHING (Extending out and retrieving objects outside immediate range) is done occasionally.
- PUSHING (To press against something with substantial steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward) is done seldom.
- PULLING (To exert a considerable force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion) is done seldom.
- LIFTING (To raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position) is done occasionally.
- END‑RANGE MOTION (To fully extend or retract a bodily part or joint to its maximum range in order to reach, push, pull, lift, or otherwise perform job functions) is done seldom.
- STOOPING/CRAWLING (To lower the body to floor level, and move about with agility) is done seldom.
VISUAL REQUIREMENTS: (Considerations include color, depth perception and field of vision).
- The job requires a good sense of vision (with or without correction) necessary to distinguish like objects from one another, to scan fields of data and select numbers or characters, and/or to detect and visually follow moving objects.
AUDITORY (HEARING) REQUIREMENTS: Examples of the types of sounds that must be heard and the reason they must be heard are listed below:
voices to converse, communicate
telephone ringing to answer incoming calls
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/03/2022