Office Nurse - Roseville Pediatrics (Full-Time 1.0 FTE)-1
Location: Roseville Pediatrics
HOURS: Full time. 1.0 FTE (40 hours weekly). Shifts vary based on office hours, includes routine evenings with rotation weekend/holiday schedules.
SIGN ON BONUS: Up to $2500.00 (Eligibility Rules Apply)
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide nursing services to patients at an outpatient pediatric provider’s office. Patient care includes care to patients in following age group: Pediatric (newborn to 12 years), Adolescent (13 to 17 years) and Young Adult (18+ years).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares patient and family for office visit while utilizing appropriate rooming standards tool.
- Provides patient specific education including but not limited to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications, vaccines and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Routinely administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider in accordance with department protocols, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing and vision screens, Spot Vision Screeners, Rapid COVID PCR, Influenza, RSV, Strep, Hgb, Cholesterol, Glucose and Urinalysis tests.
- Assists providers with various procedures and general exams as designated by the provider.
- Provides clinical advice by phone and/or LGH Portal (MyLGHealth) correspondence based on nursing clinical judgments and/or triage protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Reviews prescription refills for review and approval by providers.
- Removes sutures and assists patient's with wound dressings/changes as necessary.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit and throughout their shift.
- Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after prior to and after each procedure.
- Provides proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services and any additional follow up needs.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists, transitions of care and obtaining all needed medical documentation/history as needed.
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate while having a positive influence with all patient, visitor and colleague interactions.
- Effectively communicates with patients, patient's family members, visitors and colleagues in a customer focused and professional manner
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health Penn Medicine privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Performs various front office responsibilities in collaboration with front office staff as necessary.
- May require some regional travel, a valid driver's license is required if traveling.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of an accredited LPN or RN educational program.
- Current licensure as a LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or RN (Registered Nurse) issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Valid American Heart Association CPR certification.
- One (1) to Two (2) years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office.
- Prior triage, emergency room, cardiac care, intensive care or other related specialty nursing experience.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attentively attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands will be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- A large portion of this position required reliance on successful verbal memory and new learning processing. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously to ensure success in this position. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position requires the ability to evaluate existing options to resolve presenting problems and/or patient concerns.. The resolutions or options are clearly defined, limited in number and are altered infrequently. Selection of the most appropriate solution is based on well-established and defined guidelines available to all staff.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information and retain and implement communication received by others.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, General clinical/clerical supplies. Hearing and Vision machines, Spot Vision machines and various Point of Care Testing machinery. Proper training and sign offs will be provided prior to the expectation of independent implementation of equipment.
Software: Microsoft Office Products, EPIC
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Occasionally
- Balance: Frequently
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/09/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.