Office Nurse- Family Medicine Leola (40 hours/week)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61115 Family Medicine Leola
Family Medicine Leola - Patient Care
**NON-MAGNET DESIGNATED COST CENTER
Hours: Full-time (1.0 FTE); 80hrs/2wks
This position is located in Leola, PA.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking an Office Nurse at Leola Family Medicine. The Office Nurse provides nursing services to patients at a provider’s office.
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence based on clinical judgments and/or triage protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice. Consults with provider as necessary.
- Provides patient specific education including but not limited to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing, flu, urine and strep tests.
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens and prepares them for further testing.
- Authorizes prescription refills as instructed by the provider.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), issued by the PA State Board of Nursing is required.
- CPR Certification required.
- One to two years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office preferred.
- Prior triage, emergency room, cardiac care, intensive care or other related specialty nursing experience preferred.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
Posted on 08/16/2019