Office Nurse - Ephrata/Rohrerstown Urgent Care (Full-Time 0.9/Day & Evening Shifts)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61380 Urgent Care Ephrata
Patient Care - Urgent Care
Posted on 02/24/2020
**NON-MAGNET DESIGNATED COST CENTER
Hours: Full-time 0.9 FTE (36 hrs/week); day & evening shifts; 12-hr shifts 9am-9pm; every 3rd weekend rotation 8am-8pm; 3 holidays/year.
Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health has an immediate opening for a full time Office Nurse (RN/LPN) to support Ephrata and Rohrerstown Urgent Care locations.
The Office Nurse provides nursing services to patients at a provider’s office. This position is full time, totaling 36 hours per week.
Ideally, the Office Nurse will work three (3) twelve (12) hour shifts during standard operating hours. This position will require evening and weekend rotations.
This position would rotate between two sites in Ephrata & Rohrerstown, PA.
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence based on clinical judgments and/or triage protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice. Consults with provider as necessary.
- Provides patient specific education including but not limited to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing, flu, urine and strep tests.
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens and prepares them for further testing.
- Authorizes prescription refills as instructed by the provider.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), issued by the PA State Board of Nursing is required.
- CPR Certification required.
- One to two years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office preferred.
- Prior triage, emergency room, cardiac care, intensive care or other related specialty nursing experience preferred.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.