Office Nurse-Ephrata/Rohrerstown Urgent Care (36 hours/week, 1st/2nd shift)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61320 Urgent Care Rohrerstown
Patient Care - Urgent Care
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has an immediate opening for a full time Office Nurse to support Ephrata and Rohrerstown Urgent Care locations.
The Office Nurse will provide direct patient care, in direct support of licensed medical providers, with office triage.
This is a full time position, totaling 36 hours per week during operating office hours.
- Monday through Friday 9AM-9PM, Saturdays/Sundays 8AM-8PM.
- (2) 12 hour shifts and (1) 8 hour shift per week, every third weekend.
- Two to Three holidays per year.
- Travel expected between both Rohrerstown and Ephrata Urgent Care offices.
This position is located in Lancaster/Ephrata, Pa.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence based on clinical judgments and/or triage protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice. Consults with provider as necessary.
- Provides patient specific education including but not limited to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Prepares patient for visit by using appropriate rooming standards tool.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing, flu, urine and strep tests.
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens and prepares them for further testing.
- Authorizes prescription refills as instructed by the provider.
- Assists with test tracking and monitoring overdue results.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings on wounds as necessary.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- Assists provider and patient in reviewing and revising care plans and assesses patient progress. Follows up with patient between visits as necessary.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors and colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
Posted on 07/19/2019
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), issued by the PA State Board of Nursing
- CPR certification
- One (1) to Two (2) years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office preferred.
- Prior triage, emergency room, cardiac care, intensive care or other related specialty nursing experience preferred.