Office Nurse - Diabetes & Endocrinology (Full-Time 1.0/Day Shift)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61174 Diabetes Endocrinology Specialists
Diabetes and Endocrinology- Patient Care
Posted on 02/26/2020
Hours: Full-time 1.0 FTE (40 hrs/week); day shift 8:15am-4:45pm; Mon-Fri (no evenings, weekends, or holidays)
Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health has an immediate opening for a full time Office Nurse (RN/LPN) to support LG Health Physicians Diabetes and Endocrinology team.The Office Nurse will provide direct patient care, and assist with office triage, under direct supervision of licensed Medical Providers.
- This is a full time/benefit eligible position, totaling 40 hours per week.
- Office Hours: Monday through Friday.
- No weekend, or holidays required!
- Occasional travel to local satellite offices is possible.
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa. (Suburban Outpatient Pavilion).
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence based on clinical judgments and/or triage protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice. Consults with provider as necessary.
- Provides patient specific education including but not limited to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Prepares patient for visit by using appropriate rooming standards tool.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing, flu, urine and strep tests.
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens and prepares them for further testing.
- Authorizes prescription refills as instructed by the provider.
- Assists with test tracking and monitoring overdue results.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings on wounds as necessary.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- Assists provider and patient in reviewing and revising care plans and assesses patient progress. Follows up with patient between visits as necessary.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors and colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), issued by the PA State Board of Nursing
- CPR certification
- One (1) to Two (2) years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office.
- Prior triage, emergency room, cardiac care, intensive care or other related specialty nursing experience.