Occupational Therapist Assistant; PRN
.1 8-430pm or per business need. 1 weekend a month and possible rotational holidays
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Occupational Therapist in patient-related activity by performing Occupational Therapy procedures which are delegated by the Occupational Therapist and which are commensurate with a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant's education preparation and experience. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
Job Description: .1 FTE; PRN: 8-430pm or per business need. 1 weekend a month and possible rotational holidays
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Implements treatment procedures in accordance with goals and plan programs established by and under the supervision of the evaluating Occupational Therapist. Maintains an understanding of the patient's history, precautions, contraindications, diagnosis, goals, potential, and pertinent information that would affect treatment.
- Determines patient's need for services in collaboration with an OT. Contributes to the patient's evaluation under supervision of an OT.
- Communicates with patient, family members and other team members to explain the rationale of the treatment plan.
- Supervises the patient's use of all equipment and takes the necessary precautions in implementing the prescribed treatment.
- Monitors through subjective and objective measurements the patient's response to intervention, and reports to the supervising Occupational Therapist if alteration in treatment program is indicated.
- Maintains the proper documentation in patient's records of treatment. Follows billing and reimbursement procedures according to departmental and regulatory guidelines
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the services delivered for effectiveness and efficiency using predetermined quality assurance criteria.
- Participates in Occupational Therapy Assistant student programs under the supervision of the Center Coordinator of Clinical Education
- Assists with maintenance and monitoring of work schedule.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- An Associate degree as a Occupational Therapy Assistant is required, issued by an American Occupational Therapy Association-approved program. Also, the individual must be a Licensed/Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, issued by the State Board of Occupational Therapy.
- CPR certification required.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/17/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.