Job Title: Occupational Therapist-Part-time
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Part-time, 40 hours per two weeks working 8:00am-4:30pm rotational weekends/holidays acute care experience or internship desired
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking an Occupational Therapist for Lancaster General Hospital Acute Care. The Occupational Therapist practices the art of occupational therapy in accordance with the physician's instructions and Code of Ethics of the profession.
1. Evaluates the patient with objective measurements.
2. Develops treatment goals and plans, which may include intervention/adaptation strategies within the realm of the physician's prescription and makes recommendations to the physician concerning the patient's treatment.
3. Supervises occupational therapists' assistants or aides in the performance of treatment procedure.
4. Coordinates treatment plan with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team through active participation in meetings and departmental conferences.
5. Implements treatment plans and supervises the patient's use of equipment and takes the necessary precautions in implementing the prescribed treatment.
6. Maintains documentation in the patient's records of evaluation, treatment, assessment, and plan.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor of Science degree, as well as PA licensure, issued by the State Board of Occupational Therapy.
• Master of Science degree is preferred.
• CPR certification.
PREFERRED JOB‑RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- One (1) year of general occupational therapy experience.
- Masters of Science degree
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.