Occupational Therapist, (Part Time)
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the Occupational Therapist position is to practice the art of occupational therapy in accordance with the physician's instructions and Code of Ethics of the profession. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (newborn through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
Job Description: 0.5 FTE
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Evaluates the patient's history and extracts precautions, contraindications, diagnoses, goals, potential and any pertinent information that would affect treatment.
- Evaluates the patient with objective measurements.
- Interprets evaluation findings and discusses them with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team.
- Develops treatment goals and plans, which may include intervention/adaptation strategies within the realm of the physician's prescription and makes recommendations to the physician concerning the patient's treatment.
- Supervises occupational therapists' assistants or aides in the performance of treatment procedure.
- Coordinates treatment plan with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team through active participation in meetings and departmental conferences.
- Implements treatment plans and supervises the patient's use of equipment and takes the necessary precautions in implementing the prescribed treatment.
- Monitors and re-evaluates the patient's response to intervention and modifies treatment in agreement with the physician.
- Maintains documentation in the patient's records of evaluation, treatment, assessment, and plan.
- Complies with the established standards, policies, procedures; including billing, reimbursement, scheduling and emergency procedures according to departmental guidelines.
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain or enhance the performance of the patients in their environment. Participates with the multi-disciplinary team in all aspects of discharge planning including determination of appropriate home or community programming, home equipment, and patient/family education. Terminates services per physician’s orders, or when goals have been achieved.
- Maintains and monitors own work schedule and that of team.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the services delivered for effectiveness and efficiency using predetermined quality assurance criteria.
- Participates in Occupational Therapy student programs under the supervision of the Center Coordinator of Clinical Education.
- Attends and documents participation in staff meetings and mandatory or voluntary in service programs. Participates on sectional and departmental shared- governance committees. Develops and provides in service education to paraprofessionals and the community.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree, as well as PA licensure, issued by the State Board of Occupational Therapy.
- CPR certification.
- One (1) year of general occupational therapy experience.
- Master of Science degree
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/09/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.