Occupational Medicine - Physician Assistant/CRNP
Lancaster General Hospital
8711 N Cornwall HC-Occupational Medicine
Administration- Corporate Health
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide any medical service when the service is within the PA skills, training and experience and with the collaboration of a physician. The medical services must fall within the PA’s scope of practice, must be included in the written agreement, and must be provided with an appropriate amount of physician collaboration in keeping with the accepted standards of medical practice. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide high-quality, comprehensive medical care to individuals and families. The PA shall know his/her scope of practice permitted by state licensure, granted by LGMG credentialing process and consistent with professional organization guidelines.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues within the limits of training and with appropriate review of the preceptor.
- Educate patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Augment the physician’s data-gathering abilities and assist the collaborating physician in reaching decisions and instituting care plans for the physician’s patients. This includes such activities as ordering and interpreting laboratory or radiological studies, analyzing all patient data and developing a treatment plan for the patient.
- Initiate treatment or be sure that a treatment plan is being carried out, assess the progress of treatment, and, later, the plan as necessary.
- Perform approved clinical procedures based upon patient’s clinical status
- Order, prescribe, dispense and administer drugs, medical devices, diagnostic or therapeutic medical regimens as outlined by the PA Board of Medicine.
- Maintain legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Document all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with organizational standards.
- Perform administrative duties as defined by practice location, policies and procedures.
- Computer skills-utilization of EPIC/EPICARE, email, intranet, etc.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Perform the above duties during rotation through home site practice location.
- Perform Clinical Assistant functions as a backup when needed at appropriate site, such as retail care clinics.
- Participate, cooperate, and assist in various programs and activities, including, without limitation, those related to patient safety, quality assurance, quality improvement, case management, outcomes management, utilization review, risk management, claims, and litigation, and satisfy the requirements applicable to such programs and activities as determined from time to time.
- Comply with, and render services that are performed efficiently and in accordance with, Lancaster General (LG) and departmental policies and procedures, JCAHO standards, federal and state regulations and other law, and the ethics of the CRNP’s profession.
- Abide by the LGH Medical and Dental Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and all policies and procedures for all services rendered.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current Licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Valid, unrestricted federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number
- Credentialed by, and a member in good standing of, the LGH Medical and Dental Staff with appropriate unrestricted clinical privileges.
- Satisfaction of relevant continuing education requirements.
- Participation as a provider in good standing in the Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare programs and such other third-party payment programs, including managed care programs, in which LGMG participates.
Posted on 11/25/2019
- Prior experience as Physician Assistant in a primary care office.