Occupational Medicine Associate Medical Director
LOCATION: Suburban Outpatient Pavilion, Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full time, 40 hours a week or 1.0 FTE.
To assist the Medical Director in running clinics, staffing and oversight of APP's.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide patient care within the scope of Occupational Medicine guidelines. Patient/customer care includes care to patients/customers in the following age groups: adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Perform medical evaluations to determine fitness for duty and to diagnose and treat work-related medical problems.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participate in quality assurance activities within the department.
- Provide Medical Review Officer services in support of employer drug testing programs.
- Participate in the development of new services as appropriate with the Medical Director, Administrative Director, and Marketing Representative.
- Complete documentation and forms as required by law, government regulations, departmental policy or procedure.
- Responds to employer requests for information, provide guidance to management on employee’ fitness for work activities, and assist employers in efforts to prevent work related injuries and illnesses.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- An MD or DO, issued by the AMA.
- Credentials by LGH medical staff.
- One year experience as a generalist.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- One year public health experience.
- One year industrial medicine experience.
- One year family practice, internal medicine, or emergency medicine experience.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position required much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, stethoscope, BP cuff, reflex hammer, phone
Software: Microsoft Office Products, clinical information system
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Occasionally
- Pull: Occasionally
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Radioactive Agents
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 12/02/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.