OR Supply Specialist (FT Mon-Fri 7:00am-3:30pm)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2530 General Stores
Surgical Services Supply Chain
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is the main point of contact for the Perioperative Services department for all Operating Room (OR) supply requirements. Provides a consistent and effective flow of supplies through the OR departments. Performs related functions toward maintaining a perpetual inventory, including receiving and shipping of Perioperative Services products. Increases efficiencies by acting as a supply chain liaison between Materials Management and Surgical Services areas. Diligently communicates any issues related to supply shortage, recall, or conflicts to Surgical Services and the Materials Management departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Functions primarily as the single point of contact for the Perioperative Services department for all supplies on all types of surgical procedures involving and requiring conformance with techniques and procedures. Responsible for proper handling and storage of all supplies.
- In depth knowledge of inventory control applications and various unique OR supplies to utilize inventory systems such as QSight, Lawson Mobile Supply Chain Management and eHealth for product replenishment, reporting, monitoring and patient billing requirements.
- Adheres to Joint Commission guidelines for Bone and Tissue product handling, including specialty product handling instructions and chain of custody for refrigerated, frozen and ambient temperature supplies.
- Sources, secures, stocks, delivers and otherwise provides the Perioperative Services department supplies. Monitors delivery of all articles needed for timely and efficient services.
- Coordinates O.R. inventory management with Surgical Services team on par level analysis, product utilization, supply storage bin locations and product volume adjustments.
- Identifies emergency supply situations and responds in a calm and efficient manner. Recognizes surgical inventory product complications and anticipates corrective measures to ensure resolution is in place to avoid any reoccurrence.
- Supports and communicates with Surgical Services, Purchasing and Materials Management teams on product backorders, supply lead time changes and inventory product volume adjustments.
- Reviews changes in surgical case load and makes appropriate supply adjustments to ensure adequate quantity of supplies are available.
- Utilizes techniques for best practice in O.R. Department inventory control. Acts as liaison with hospital members to ensure best practice measures are clear and communicated. Monitors for compliance in procedure standards.
- Performs efficient and timely on demand O.R. supply service needs in preparation for surgical cases as well as during surgical case events.
- Has a clear understanding of environmental control techniques and handles any supply under the guidelines of conformity.
- Responsible for the requisitioning and order fulfillment of inventory and non-inventory Surgical Services supplies.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Supports and assists with O.R. new products and supply changes directed by leadership team.
- Assists with productivity analyzing and standards for process and workflow improvements.
- Participates in the education, orientation and training of surgical supply personnel.
- Provides Materials Management and Surgical Services supply expense reduction opportunities.
- Participates in Surgical Services Value Analysis Team and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two (2) years of Surgical Services supply chain experience and specific OR supply knowledge and / or three (3) years of Healthcare product inventory control and material handling.
- Advanced understanding of ERP and inventory management software applications.
- Computer skills and handheld scanning experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Four (4) years of Surgical Services supply chain experience.
- Five (5) years of Healthcare product inventory control and material handling.
- In-depth knowledge of Lawson and QSight inventory management systems.
- Advanced computer skills and handheld scanning experience.
- Graduate of an approved school of healthcare surgical technology or related college degree.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/08/2021