Nursing Services Coordinator for Horizon Healthcare Services (Full-Time 1.0/Day Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
SUMMARY: LG Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Nursing Services Coordinator for Horizon Healthcare Services. The Nursing Services Coordinator provides coordination and oversight of clinical and administrative activities related to daily operations as directed by the Manager-Nursing Services, assuring compliance to standards and consistency with the mission of Horizon Healthcare Services. Serves as a resource for the Intake Department, performing intake processing to include coordinating care with internal departments & external agencies, data-entering information and following up with patients. Performs patient care visits as needed.
Hours: Full-time 1.0 FTE (80 hrs/2 weeks); Mon-Fri.; day shift; hours primarily 8:30am – 5:00pm; occasional administrative back up call may be required on evenings/weekends/holidays; field visits as needed.
*Offering Sign-On Bonus of $5,000.00 (Bonus applicable to external applicants only)
Position located in Lancaster, PA at Horizon Healthcare Services.
Two years of clinical experience in the area of specialty is required.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
- Continuously interacts with intake staff regarding new referrals for nursing and overall care and initial start patient needs. Verifies nursing orders are complete from physician; follows-up on incomplete or order changes as appropriate.
- Ensures new patient information/order changes are distributed to staff nurses. Ensures inventory is maintained of patient care items i.e., blood draw tubes, blood pressure cuffs and calibration of cuffs, etc.
- Responds to patient inquiries and troubleshoots patient problems regarding overall care issues as necessary.
- At the direction of, or in the absence of, the Manager-Nursing Services, addresses clinical issues and inquiries based on clinical expertise, professional experience and good judgment.
- Updates/maintains nursing visit schedules to ensure patients are seen as ordered. Coordinates with contracted nursing agencies.
- Ensures all patient visit notes are received; reviews notes for completeness; follows-up to ensure collection of missing information.
- Works in conjunction with Manager-Nursing Services, as assigned, regarding CQI monitoring and other duties.
- As needed, performs patient care visits, including initial assessment visit to develop plan of care, performs patient/caregiver teaching, implements and evaluates plan of care interventions, and documents the delivery of care.
- Assumes administrative call duties on a regular basis as assigned.
In addition to the above functions, the Clinical Coordinator will serve as a resource for, and back-up to, the Intake department. Duties will include:
- Evaluates orders prior to accepting new patients onto service to assess appropriateness of orders to diagnosis.
- Evaluate identified documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Procures nursing services from HHS or ancillary providers and coordinates the start of care.
- Reviews physician prescription document to cover nursing orders.
- Works collaboratively with pharmacists and appropriate staff and communicates specific needs in a timely fashion to provide seamless care coordination and to ensure appropriateness of care & administration methods for HHS clients.
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing is required.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- Current Pennsylvania Driver’s License is required.
- Two years of clinical experience in the area of specialty is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
- Prior intake, utilization management or homecare experience preferred.
- In depth, current knowledge in the area of specialty.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance progra
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 02/01/2021