Nursing Professional Development Practitioner-Clinical Education Neuroscience/Medical
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
1.0 FTE; Monday-Friday dayshift with requirement of 2-3 weekends per year; no holidays
This position is a Monday-Friday full time role on evenings/nights with flexible scheduling for combinations of 8 hour and 10 hour shifts depending on clinical and classroom needs (2-3 weekends per year; no holidays)
SUMMARY: Provides comprehensive professional development services, consultation, and continuing education for appropriate personnel.
Essential Functions: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Drives outcomes through the development, implementation and evaluation of educational programs that address opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill, or practice.
- Supports transition to practice at all levels including maintaining accredited Nurse Residency Program.
- Provides instruction in clinical settings/work area through teaching, mentoring, coaching and advising.
- Develops and delivers curriculum using knowledge of adult learning theories to enhance the experience of the participant.
- Collaborate with other education and organization staff to provide seamless educational services including formal courses, consultation, orientation, and individual coaching.
- Meets with key representatives from the department on an as-needed basis to assess effectiveness of educational initiatives.
- Solicits feedback regarding effectiveness of learning experience and behavioral outcomes after the learning experience. Evaluates feedback and adjusts content and /or adapts presentation style of class as appropriate.
- Oversees delivery of a comprehensive orientation program to onboard newly hired staff within the nursing department at unit and department levels.
- Supports new hires to enhance recruitment and retention.
- Seeks the customer’s input and needs by staying aware of and knowledgeable about technical and organizational changes.
- Serves as a resource to various departments, groups, individuals, and entities within the organization.
- Contributes to systematic quality and safety initiatives based on precise problem identification, gap analysis, and/or process evaluation.
- Conducts unit and departmental learning needs assessments and develops educational opportunities to meet stakeholder needs and associated outcomes.
- Understands and collaborates on key departmental outcomes associated with consultation, education, coaching, and other significant activities.
- Has baseline understanding and competence in the development, implementation, and evaluation of evidence-based practices.
- Champions scientific inquiry by supporting nurses in designing, implementing, and evaluating practice change by utilizing research and evidence-based practice.
- Develops appropriate communication methods inside and outside the department to address issues, provide follow-up, negotiate, and evaluate organizational issues.
- Identifies opportunities for personal professional development and shares knowledge with peers and colleagues.
- Remains current with trends in areas of responsibility and overall Nursing Professional Development best practices as outlined by the Association for Nursing Professional Development (ANPD).
- Assists in development and management of nursing department competencies.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree is required. Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred OR required within 2.5 years of hire date.
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Three (3) years of clinical or educational healthcare experience (in relevant specialty).
- Two (2) years of application toward adult learning in an informal setting.
- Master of Science degree in related field.
- Two (2) years of formal classroom teaching.
- Two (2) years developing educational activities.
- Certification in Nursing Professional Development (NPD-BC)
- Certification in relevant clinical unit(s) specialty.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/01/2021