Nursing Faculty - Program Director - $2000 Sign-On Bonus
PA College Of Health Sciences
Faculty provide classroom and/or clinical/laboratory instruction for students including the coordination, preparation and presentation of course materials and the evaluation of student progress. Integral aspects of the position include implementation of the College’s philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through classroom, clinical teaching, and service to the College, health system and community. Program Directors provide program leadership as outlined, mandated by accrediting bodies, and as requested by their supervisor.
All faculty report to the Department Chair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment.
- Facilitates didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical instruction, using strategies that stimulate interest and maximize student learning.
- Incorporates current theories, research, and practice into the design of instruction, including plans for development and revision.
- Supervises and assesses student learning to achieve outcomes at the course and/or program level.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of courses, programs, and College strategies.
- Demonstrates service to the College, profession, and/or community.
- Demonstrates a commitment to scholarship through professional development that enhances teaching and learning.
- Attends faculty meetings.
- Assists in the daily operations of the program as instructed by the supervisor.
- Models professional values in support of the mission, vision, educational outcomes, and strategic direction of the College.
- Performs other duties that may be in the best interest of the College as requested by Academic leadership.
In addition to the job duties listed above, the Program Director is responsible for the following:
- Assumes a leadership role in ensuring program effectiveness, with oversight from their supervisor and in alignment with the program budget and College policies. Communicates with appropriate leadership, faculty colleagues, and College staff related to program effectiveness:
- Meets accreditation requirements or maintains program to meet applicable and/or potential accreditation requirements.
- Completes ongoing period program assessment requirements.
- Develops (or collaborates with others to develop) program’s goals and outcomes and plans to achieve them.
- Directs program personnel to optimize program effectiveness, with oversight from their supervisor and in alignment with the program budget and College policies. Communicates with appropriate leadership, faculty colleagues, and College staff related to program personnel supervision and coordination:
- Supervises program specific faculty in the didactic and clinical setting. Supervision includes all activities related to the ongoing monitoring, evaluation, and improvement of faculty’s performance and teaching effectiveness. This also includes ensuring that faculty meet accreditation requirements for continuing education/professional development.
- Coordinates program specific faculty in the didactic and clinical setting. Coordination includes all activities related to the identification of faculty resource needs, recruitment, and assignment/use of faculty resources (e.g. workload, scheduling) to assure optimal program operations.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the program including program organization, administration, and continuous quality improvement to optimize program effectiveness, with oversight from their supervisor and in adherence to the program budget and College policies. Communicates with appropriate leadership, faculty colleagues, and College staff related to daily operations:
- Develops, reviews, and initiates revisions to program outcomes, curriculum, course syllabi, course evaluations, policies, and procedures.
- Assures qualified instruction, evaluation, and overall appropriate supervision of program students.
- Develops and manages course/section schedules and clinical sites utilization to optimize resource allocation.
- Collaborates with Clinical Coordinator to maintain current relationships and affiliations and pursue new clinical site opportunities.
- Participates in the program budgeting process.
- Manages program students in conjunction with appropriate College resources, including Academic Advising, Student Health, and other College staff or their offices/departments.
- Collaborates with College stakeholders in recruitment, retention, and marketing efforts.
- Identifies opportunities for program expansion or development of new concentrations, specializations, and certifications.
- Coordinates and conducts regular program interactions (e.g. meetings, consultations) with various stakeholder groups (e.g. students, program faculty, leadership, advisory boards, etc.).
- Builds partnerships with other Program Directors to create interdisciplinary educational experiences.
- Completes program assessment and accreditation requirements in collaboration with their supervisor.
- Assists with faculty workload, scheduling, and budgets.
- Assists in promoting a culture that stimulates faculty to increase their teaching effectiveness.
- Monitors the daily operations of the program including faculty and student needs.
- Reviews and provides input into revising program goals, objectives, curriculum, policies and procedures.
- Assures qualified supervision, instruction, and evaluation of students.
- Conducts program meetings as necessary.
- Coordinates clinical sites.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with supervisor, identify goals in relation to professional development.
- Provides service to the College.
To perform this job successfully…..
- Minimum of two years clinical experience for all clinical programs.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Current RN license in the Commonwealth of PA
- Minimum two years recent experience in a clinical setting
- Minimum of one year experience teaching at a higher education institution.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/22/2021