Nursing Faculty Instructor - Simulation/Innovative Clinical Specialist
PA College Of Health Sciences
The Innovative Clinical Specialist position is a 10.5-month position with an emphasis on innovative clinical instruction using a variety of modalities including traditional and virtual simulation activities, laboratory and skills-based instruction and other alternative clinical experiences in the ASN and BSN programs. Emphasis will be on the development of clinical judgement and decision making skills. This position will include didactic instruction and may require clinical instruction in a healthcare setting. Availability for daytime, evening, and limited weekend assignments is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment.
- Facilitates didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical instruction, using strategies that stimulate interest and maximize student learning.
- Incorporates current theories, research, and practice into the design of instruction, including plans for development and revision.
- Supervises and assesses student learning to achieve outcomes at the course and/or program level.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of courses, programs, and College strategies.
- Demonstrates service to the College, profession, and/or community.
- Demonstrates a commitment to scholarship through professional development that enhances teaching and learning.
- Attends faculty meetings and actively participates in committee assignments.
- Assists in the daily operations of the program as instructed by the supervisor.
- Models professional values in support of the mission, vision, educational outcomes, and strategic direction of the College.
- Performs other duties that may be in the best interest of the College as requested by Academic leadership.
- Experience in the use of simulation and teaching technologies
- Collaboration with nursing faculty, staff of the Center for Excellence in Practice, and leadership team.
- Ability to collaborate on the design and implementation of innovative clinical learning experiences for students at various level of program completion.
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Current RN license in Commonwealth of PA
To perform this job successfully….
- Minimum of five years recent direct care clinical nursing experience
- Prior didactic and clinical teaching experience in higher education
- Must be able to meet the physical requirement of this position
- Extensive teaching experience including didactic and clinical instruction in a higher education setting
- Experience with simulation technologies
- Current Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) or Certified Nurse Education – Clinical (CNE-cl) certification or the willingness to obtain certification within one year of employment
Note: This position is not limited to clinical instruction.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/24/2022