Nursing Faculty-Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program
PA College Of Health Sciences
Graduate Nursing 1
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is accepting applications for Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Faculty in its Graduate Nursing programs.
ABOUT THE GRADUATE NURSING PROGRAMS
The Graduate Nursing Department offers both Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs. Graduate Nursing programs are taught in a blended environment, using both online as well as on campus learning opportunities. PA College has launched three Nurse Practitioner tracks within the Graduate Nursing Department following State Board of Nursing approval in January 2019.
The College supports and continually strives to achieve a collaborative balance between clinical practice and faculty obligations. The AGACNP faculty member would work with seasoned AGACNP/ACNP, PMHNP and FNP faculty to teach track specific courses to the AGACNP students in a mainly online environment. The position is 0.5 FTE with ample opportunity to continue clinical practice as an NP while also having the option of medical benefits and retirement offerings through the College.
Faculty provide online instruction, including the coordination, preparation and presentation of course materials and the evaluation of student progress. Integral aspects of the position include implementation of the College’s philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes and course objectives through classroom instruction, clinical education, and service to the college, health system and community.
Additional responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner faculty include:
- Review and revise courses and course materials.
- Mentor adjunct faculty.
- Oversee procurement of clinical sites and maintain open communication with clinical affiliates regarding student placement, program updates, and accreditation actions.
- Advise, counsel and consult with students to ensure progression throughout the program.
- Assist in marketing and recruitment activities.
The schedule for this position is primarily days. Hours may vary based upon course schedule.
Posted on 12/18/2019
- Nurse practitioner (NP) with board certification as an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP)
- Currently practicing as an Acute Care NP and licensed as a nurse practitioner in the state of Pennsylvania (or eligibility)
- Doctoral degree preferred
- Also preferred:
- Teaching experience, online and face-to-face, at the Graduate level, preferably in Nurse Practitioner programs.
- Experience with program approval and accreditation. The Graduate Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).