Nurse Supervisor - Family Medicine Willow Street
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61255 Willow Street Family Medicine
Willow Street Family Medicine- Administration
This position is located in Willow Street, PA
SUMMARY: LG Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Nurse Supervisor for Family Medicine Willow Street. The Nurse Supervisor plans, organizes and supervises all clinical staff functions on a daily basis to ensure quality patient care is provided in a physician office setting. Performs all nursing duties as needed.
HOURS: Monday - Friday, primarily dayshift (8:00am - 4:30pm), occasional evening may be required.
- Supervises and coordinates functions of the Lead Office Nurses and clinical staff , providing guidance and assistance as necessary.
- Review schedules for teamlets’ staff and makes recommendations as needed while effectively managing overtime. Ensures timely and accurate approval of all clinical staff time cards as assigned.
- Develop orientation, education and training for new employees. Provides and implements on-going continuing education and training for existing staff as needed and is responsible for ensuring all staff complete annual competencies within the designated timeframe. Plays an active role in the growth and development of staff.
- In collaboration with Managing Physician, Practice Manager and/or Nurse Manager, interviews and selects candidates for vacant positions.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a positive influence at all times in the handling of patient and employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values, mission and vision with clarity and completeness. Communicates with all customers including providers, office staff, patients and fellow employees in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- In collaboration with management, oversees all care coordination activities performed by the clinical staff in the team based care model. Assist in implementing, monitoring and actively participating in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Effectively manages patient complaints in collaboration with the Practice Manager or Nurse Manager.
- In collaboration with Practice Manager or Nurse Manager, completes annual performance evaluations for assigned staff. Coordinates coaching and/or disciplinary action in accordance with LG Health and practice policies.
- Conducts routine clinical staff meetings. Communicates with staff on a regular basis to keep them informed of any new information, processes or procedures. Meets one on one with Lead Office Nursesat a minimum of once a quarter.
- Attends and actively participates in a variety of meetings including but not limited to practice staff meetings and Nurse Supervisor meetings.
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence based on clinical judgments and/or triage protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice. Consults with provider as necessary.
- Provides patient specific education including but not limited to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Greets and shows patients to exam room and prepares patient for visit with provider.
- Following established rooming standards, verifies patient information by interviewing the patient to obtain pertinent medical information per department protocol. Accurately documents medical and social history and purpose of visit in the patient chart.
- Prepares patients for exam by measuring vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height and accurately records information in patient chart.
- Reviews and updates current medication list making changes as needed. Addresses medication concerns with patient and provides education on possible side effects.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Implements standing orders as established by the medical group.
- Performs various tests upon the request of the provider including but not limited to hearing tests, EKGs, breathing treatments and vision tests.
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens and prepares them for further testing.
- Authorizes prescription refills as instructed by the provider
- Assists with test tracking and monitoring overdue results.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings on wounds as necessary.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- Assists with reviewing and revising patient care plans in collaboration with provider and patient and assesses patient progress. Follows up with patient between visits as necessary.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider when needed.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
Posted on 01/07/2020
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), issued by the PA State Board of Nursing is required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant nursing experience is required.
- Prior supervisory experience in a physician office setting is preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician's office is preferred.