Nurse Supervisor (LPN/RN) Twin Rose Family Medicine (Full-Time)
Family practice serving the underserved population.
Plans, organizes and supervises all clinical staff functions on a daily basis to ensure quality patient care is provided in a physician office setting. Performs all nursing duties as needed. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
Penn Medicine Home Health
LOCATION: Two locations: Columbia and Wrightsville
HOURS: Full-time 1.0 FTE (80 hours/2 weeks); day shift; no holidays
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervises and coordinates functions of the Lead Office Nurses and clinical staff , providing guidance and assistance as necessary.
- Review schedules for staff and makes recommendations as needed while effectively managing overtime. Ensures timely and accurate approval of all clinical staff time cards as assigned.
- Develop orientation, education and training for new employees. Provides and implements on-going continuing education and training for existing staff as needed and is responsible for ensuring all staff complete annual competencies within the designated timeframe. Plays an active role in the growth and development of staff.
- In collaboration with Managing Physician, and/or Manager, interviews and selects candidates for vacant positions.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a positive influence at all times in the handling of patient and employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values, mission and vision with clarity and completeness. Communicates with all customers including providers, office staff, patients and fellow employees in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- In collaboration with management, oversees all care coordination activities performed by the clinical staff in the team based care model. Assist in implementing, monitoring and actively participating in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Effectively manages patient complaints in collaboration with Manager.
- In collaboration with Manager, completes annual performance evaluations for assigned staff. Coordinates coaching and/or disciplinary action in accordance with LG Health and practice policies.
- Conducts routine clinical staff meetings. Communicates with staff on a regular basis to keep them informed of any new information, processes or procedures. Meets one on one with Lead Office Nurses at a minimum of once a quarter.
- Attends and actively participates in a variety of meetings including but not limited to practice staff meetings and Nurse Supervisor meetings.
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence based on clinical judgments and/or triage protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice. Consults with provider as necessary.
- Provides patient specific education including but not limited to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Greets and shows patients to exam room and prepares patient for visit with provider.
- Following established rooming standards, verifies patient information by interviewing the patient to obtain pertinent medical information per department protocol. Accurately documents medical and social history and purpose of visit in the patient chart.
- Prepares patients for exam by measuring vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height and accurately records information in patient chart.
- Reviews and updates current medication list making changes as needed. Addresses medication concerns with patient and provides education on possible side effects.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Implements standing orders as established by the medical group.
- Performs various tests upon the request of the provider including but not limited to hearing tests, EKGs, breathing treatments and vision tests.
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens and prepares them for further testing.
- Authorizes prescription refills as instructed by the provider
- Assists with test tracking and monitoring overdue results.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings on wounds as necessary.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- Assists with reviewing and revising patient care plans in collaboration with provider and patient and assesses patient progress. Follows up with patient between visits as necessary.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider when needed.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
For Regional Positions:
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Lead, promotes and actively participates in new practice initiatives and projects as outlined by practice leadership.
- Assists practice leadership in managing expenses within budgetary constraints.
- Orders medical and/or pharmaceutical supplies within budgetary allowances and inventory control
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), issued by the PA State Board of Nursing is required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant nursing experience.
- For Urgent Care, three (3) years of nursing experience in an Emergency Department may also qualify.
- AHA CPR/BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
- For Regional Positions only – Valid driver’s license is required.
- Prior supervisory experience in a physician office setting.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician's office.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits At A Glance:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and on-site Pharmacy plans to meet individual and family needs
- 100% Tuition Assistance at Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences (role dependent)
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts (FSA & HSA) to further reduce taxable income and empower your healthcare choices
- Retirement Plan savings (403b) with employer match and annual employer contribution
- Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other Wellness incentives
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Posted on 11/09/2023
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.