Nurse Reviewer LPN/RN (Part-time 20 hrs/wk, Day shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
9065 Patient Safety
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: LPN/RN (Part-time 20 hrs/wk, Day shift)
This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital in Lancaster, Pa.
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates an effective medical staff peer review process that supports medical staff reappointment, advancement, and clinical quality in compliance with Joint Commission ongoing physician performance evaluation (OPPE), focused professional practice evaluation (FPPE) standards. Performs review of medical records, including record abstraction, for core measures and other clinical indicators based on established definitions for peer review for assigned populations and provides timely feedback to clinical management and physicians to ensure optimal quality patient care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for coordinating effective physician peer review assessing the quality of medical care by performing a professional critical thinking skills and knowledge of clinical care guidelines and national priorities for care.
- Performs professional objective medical record review of each case identified regarding appropriateness of patient care (including 7 day readmission and mortality review) based on evidence-based outcomes and clinical guidelines working with the department chairman Chief Medical Officer and Physician Peer Review Committee to identify process deficits trends and/or practice patterns.
- Assists Department and Committee Chairperson or designated physician peer reviewer in case review performance and documentation including providing education regarding the peer review process assistance in navigating the electronic medical record and/or peer review database.
- Responsible for facilitating current physician performance evaluation activities in accordance with Joint Commission requirements including preparation of case summaries and accurate timely electronic documentation in an online peer review database for every case review for each medical staff department and committee involved in monitoring/improving quality and appropriateness of care.
- Promotes system improvement through data collection and analysis as defined by Joint Commission/CMS hospital core measures performance measure initiatives and the medical staff including: performing extensive medical record reviews and abstraction of data on all regulatory clinical indicators ensuring reliability validity and timely electronic submission of core measure data. Assists in interpreting and/or analyzing the results to provide physicians with systematic timely and periodic feedback on performance.
- Utilizes superior discretion and ability to maintain confidential sensitive physician peer review information. Use appropriate safeguards to prevent inappropriate use or disclosure of confidential case review information.
- Compiles data for studies involving medical care evaluation/improvement efforts including obtaining statistical analysis by utilizing support personnel within the health system.
- Maintains Core Measurement knowledge through self-development and keeps current on all changes related to Core Measurement requirements serving as a resource to staff management and physicians.
- Reports all opportunities identified to improve processes policy/procedures.
- Coordinates and/or attends department and committee meetings. Prepares or assess with preparation of agenda and materials presentation. Records minutes at specified committee meetings.
- Works collaboratively with a wide range of healthcare professionals including providers other healthcare leaders and medical records personnel.
- Develops the Medical Staff Peer Review Process Flow Sheet updating when indicated.
- Continually assesses and improves upon the tools and mechanisms for which information is gathered for Physician Peer Review activities including indicator selection and application.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Serve as a resource to various hospital departments seeking guidance with quality and performance improvement activities.
- Participate in functions and/or team relative to external review agency standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse is required.
- Computer knowledge required in multiple software applications.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of ICD9-CM/ICD10-CM coding and classification systems
- Understanding of external regulatory agency requirements.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Two years experience in an acute general hospital providing direct patient care
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/05/2020