Nurse Practitioner/Physician's Assistant - Pain Management
Lancaster General Hospital
7267 Pain Management Physicians
Pain Management Providers
Located at Suburban Outpatient Pavilion in Lancaster, PA.
Hours: Fulltime (80 hours/2 weeks), dayshift; Primarily Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. On call - one in 4-5 weekends. No holidays.
SUMMARY: Our physicians, board-certified in anesthesiology and pain management, and APP providers offer the latest and most effective pain management solutions available. Our Providers offer treatment and management for patients experiencing persistent pain as a result of injury, illness or surgery and offer both interventional and non-interventional pain treatment options. To learn more click Pain Management Services
- Provide high-quality, comprehensive medical care to individuals and families. The PA or CRNP shall know his/her scope of practice permitted by state licensure, granted by LGMG credentialing process and consistent with professional organization guidelines.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues within the limits of training and with appropriate review of the preceptor.
- Educate patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Augment the physician’s data-gathering abilities and assist the collaborating physician in reaching decisions and instituting care plans for the physician’s patients. This includes such activities as ordering and interpreting laboratory or radiological studies, analyzing all patient data and developing a treatment plan for the patient.
- Initiate treatment or be sure that a treatment plan is being carried out, assess the progress of treatment, and, later, the plan as necessary.
- Perform approved clinical procedures based upon patient’s clinical status
- Order, prescribe, dispense and administer drugs, medical devices, diagnostic or therapeutic medical regimens as outlined by the PA Board of Medicine or the Board of Nursing & the Collaborative Agreement.
- Maintain legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Document all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with organizational standards.
- Perform administrative duties as defined by practice location, policies and procedures.
- Computer skills-utilization of EPIC/EPICARE, email, intranet, etc.
If Physician Assistant:
- Current Licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Valid, unrestricted federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number
- Credentialed by, and a member in good standing of, the LGH Medical and Dental Staff with appropriate unrestricted clinical privileges.
- Satisfaction of relevant continuing education requirements.
- Participation as a provider in good standing in the Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare programs and such other third-party payment programs, including managed care programs, in which LGMG participates.
- Prior experience as Physician Assistant in a primary office preferred.
If Nurse Practitioner:
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required.
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
- Credentialed by the medical staff in accordance with current policy and procedure.
- Prior experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a primary care office is preferred.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Posted on 09/12/2019