Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Street Medicine (Part-time)
The Lancaster General Health Physicians Academic region is seeking a part-time APP to join its Street Medicine Program within the Care Connections clinic in Lancaster, PA. This person will be responsible for developing and expanding transitional primary care services to people experiencing homelessness in Lancaster County in tandem with the physician/team lead. This is a new position created to carry out the vision of meeting the unique medical needs of unsheltered persons in our community. The APP will care for patients with complex medical problems and significant social determinants of health challenges. This person will be expected to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team within the health care setting and across local agencies providing homelessness services. As the program remains in the early phases of development, this person will have significant opportunity to shape the program’s development. Settings of care will include the medical office, hospital consultations, shelters, encampments and other out of doors places where rough sleepers can be found.
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide ambulatory, home, inpatient and consultative home care to patients in the Care Connections program
- Provide street and shelter based care with the support of the Street Medicine Team.
- Attend to patients enrolled in the program in the hospital in a consultative fashion
- Take night call in rotation with other medical staff to provide 24/7 coverage for patients via phone.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Providing primary care for patients with complex needs or multi-morbidity
- Trauma informed approach to care
- Homelessness care or outreach
- Medication assisted therapy for opiate use disorder
- Wound and foot care
- Outpatient or inpatient psychiatric care
- Grant writing and program development
Hours: Part-time with hours primarily between 7:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday. We do anticipate some evening hours and occasional night call in rotation via phone. Evening clinical sessions could replace normal business hours.
Job Requirements (preferred)
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania.
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required
- Minimum one-year experience as a Nurse Practitioner is preferred.
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Graduate of Accredited Physician Assistant training program
- Minimum one-year experience as a Physician Assistant is preferred
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/17/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.